passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Warframe

RoboticMonk3y

The story/quest stuff is generally high quality and worth indulging.

I can't help with the kuva stuff as not got the experience yet.

Your operator has an amp, which is his /her weapon. You level it up to 30, then have to guild it by going around the block again. However to do that you need to gain standing with the Quills on Cetus (available once you complete the War Within). Once you've done the grind (I haven't yet) and guilded you can start to construct more powerful amps of your own. The original amp is shit but once you make your own they're by all accounts powerful and can be used to take down Eidolon.

The other upgrading is to choose the focus for your operator (I'm currently on zenurik but they all have different tactical advantages). You need to equip focus lenses to frames and weapons which will accumulate focus points which can then be spent on the focus tree of your choice. These grant passive and active abilities. Best to just focus on one focus class at a time.

I wish it was cross play as I'm a bit bored without a mate to play with and some of this stuff needs grinding (Cetus I'm thinking of you). I really need this Cetus stuff maxed for benefits elsewhere e.g. arcanes.

• 3 weeks later...

Fortuna Part 1 hits Switch today.  Looking forward to cutting about on a hoverboard.

There is an event destroying Razorbacks at the moment, which has been pretty fun.  As well as the Acolytes so I've got a bunch of new mods but I'm not that sure I'd rather swap them out for my current ones.  I'm quite happy with my weapons at the moment.  My radioactive shotgun is a beast and my my rifle with single shot and auto options.  Sorry, I'm terrible with names.

I'm also going back to Oberon since I've just got the Prime version.  I think I'm a bit more into it since trying the others.  I've been a little unimpressed with other Frames I've tried.  I think I just stumpled into the ones I like the best first.  Gara is by far my favourite defensive option, but it can be worked into a good attacking role, too.  And I still think Mag is a really good offensive option (I also have a Prime Mag as well).

But I still have some story missions to complete.  Had the final Inaros mission on the docket for ages but I can't seem to match with anyone on it and even with my best stuff I can't quite beat him... though I've not took my shotgun to him yet.  And I need to scan a bunch of flowers for the other mission I have going.  I've not proper committed to it yet, I just try to keep an eye out during an Earth mission.

Looking foward to Fortuna anyway.  I think that puts the Switch version just one major update behind.  Hopefully full parity isn't far away, and then maybe they could look into cross-play.

Fortuna is pretty good.  Anyone who has done a load of stuff on Cetus will kinda know what to expect.  It's a big open area, around the same size as Cetus with a bunch of unique stuff.  While Cetus is swarming with Grineer Fortuna is the Corpus equivalent; they're are a bunch of new enemies from that faction.  The area itself is more varied than Cetus with more alien looking caves and fauna with also some large Corpus instillations to be explored.  You also get a K-Drive which is a hoverboard you can use to quickly get around.  It's fun to use because you can do tricks and grind rails, but using your Archwing is still the quickest way to get around.

It also has it's own, new set of bounties which are actually pretty good but there aren't as many of them as there could be especially since increasing your standing with the dudes you're helping.  You can only level up your standing getting a particular drop and while it is quite common you need a lot of it and requires some grinding.

It comes with a new Frame to get but again, you need a lot of materials, some of which are hard to get.  And there is a dude where you can build customisable secondary weapons and a dude who will build you a personal MOA, a robot companion.

There is mining and fishing again, but with a different mini-game and you also get a tranq rifle to do hunting for conservation so no needlessly slaying animals like on Cetus.

So there is quite a lot of stuff, i just wish there were more varieties of bounties.  I still haven't done much Quills stuff on Cetus so there is still loads for me to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a big update here.  Fortuna Part 2 came out last week so Switch players didn't have to wait long to catch up.  It's added a few things but only for those with the right amount of Standing.  I'm still not that far because like I said before the currency that you need to level up that areas standing just isn't dropping for me.  It's frustrating actually, because its making progress far too slow.

But in other areas I got my little MOA buddy.  It's like a sentinel since you can use a lot of those mods but with some of the perks of a Kubrow or Kavat.  It's cool but you gotta guild them before you can add an Orokin Catalyst for more mod spaces, so I'm not using it until I can do that.  Speaking of which I finally got a Kavat.  I've had the ability to do it for ages and ages but I was just not getting the DNA strands but I finally got some.  I have stocked up a load of good mods for them over all this time but I'll need another Orokin Catalyst before I can tell if I like it more than my Kubrow.

I also finally got a new frame: Chroma Prime.  Still not got regular Chroma and I won't any time soon.  Not sure if I like it that much.  It's good, but not very flashy since it's based around status buffs but you can do a lot of damage with it.  It requires you to be constantly casting your level 3 and keeping an eye on your counter.  It's a bit of a faff, really.

I also have all the Mesa Prime parts except the Orokin Cells since I ate through loads of them crafting weapons and Formas but I've heard it's supposed to be really good so I'm not far off having another strong Frame.

And not they've got rid of Alerts.  They have a new thing called Nightwave which is a new way of rewarding you.  You get some kinda typical objectives: kill so many of a certain enemy, do so many certain kinds of mission; that kind of thing, as well as randomly dropping people to capture in a level.  And you build up something like standing but progress is like a Battle Pass in other games, though there is no Battle Pass.  There is quite a bit of good stuff, some of which exclusive to it.  But you do it in all missions rather than the game making new ones for you.  I found Alerts useful for getting materials but I guess this pushes people to do bounties on Cetus and Fortuna, more.  It's also got me playing Nightmare missions more, I suppose, which is something I've been neglecting.

They've made a neat little change recently.  On Cetus at night you can get Eidolon hunts from Konzu, so that makes matchmaking for them so much easier and I've been doing them more.  I always had a vague idea how you fight them but I still prefer to be matched with people who know what they're doing.  Though I do still have my starter Operator weapon which sucks, as I understand it, and I need Whisps to build the parts for a new one, which are pretty frustrating to farm.

And also while I was doing some Plains Bounties I matched with someone with a Titania frame.  I've come across people who use it one or two times before, but this guy had it beefed up to heck and I was just doing nothing compared to him (and my Mesa Prime is no slouch).  So I really want Titania now.

Yeah, you have to max your operator weapon, then gild it by collecting wisps and rolling it round to 30 max rank once again. At which point you can begin to craft more powerful ones.

I've never done it as I've just had no-one to play with and relieve the grind. I'm pretty much not touching Warframe at present for that reason.

There has been another update.  Since the Switch was a little behind on the updates they have been dropping them fairly quickly so it has now caught up with the other console versions.  The PC is still a little ahead but it always has been.

This one is Buried Debts.  It also takes place at Fortuna and it's open area.  Basically, you find the large robot spider and then kill its little buddies to get coolant, and then you find fissures with lava, plug it then defend it for a bit.  Plug three with the same coolent and you get an item that I don't know what it does yet, but its probably to craft something cool (probably the new frame Hyldrid which also dropped).  Quite a typical mission but having no waypoints you have to know what you're looking for and communicate that to the other players.  It's not something most will be able to solo as the waves of enemies contain some very strong foes.  It's still fun, though, as Orb Valaris has some cool areas that make great battlefields and the fissures are situated in them.

The only thing that bothers me is it is glitchy, at least the Switch version is.  When the host leaves and it migrates it forgets your progress and randos rage quite pretty frequently if they die (which you will, its a pretty high level instance).  It doesn't let you pick up the coolant so it also locks out the other fissures.  Once we were seconds from finishing one and the host just left.  Couldn't believe it.  I'm not surprised because the same thing can happen on Defence in the regular modes.

• 4 weeks later...

Garuda ?

Finally got this Frame that was introduced alongside Fortuna.  She's awesome.  Don't think I'm quite optimal with her yet but she's the most fun since I got to grips with Gara.  I've mostly been using Saryn in the endgame as it's just hit buttons and things die but I'm getting kinda tired of using her. 

Though I still will probably need Saryn for the hard stuff as she is very efficient.  But next Orokin Reactor I get is for Garuda because even without being fully buffed she's still fun. 

Me again. 

They've just put another update out that is a remaster of Plains of Eidelon.  The reason they did this is they learnt a lot from Fortuna and improved how it looks. 

It's has been on PC a month or so and looks really nice.  Not Witcher 3 or anything but still really nice.  I was worried about the Switch version a bit but it looks pretty good here too.  I think it's just better, more natural use of textures rather than increasing fidelity and it has made quite a difference.  The green helps I suppose.  But there are more trees, foliage and better use of details all round. 

It also has some quality of life improvements such as having an outpost to get bounties instead of leaving the area to do it.  And they've also put the conservation stuff from Fortuna, so you're now shooting wildlife with tranqs and removing them from the area. 

More good stuff from the game that just keeps giving. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wee update. 

I've been trading for premium currency a bit lately with other players.  Selling my doubles and stuff since I've accumulated quite a bit.  So I don't have to spend real money.  Made a bit of a killing today on selling ayatan sculptures since I've been sitting on quite a lot of them since I'm okay for Endo (another in game currency for upgrading mods) so I sold a bunch and made like a fiver in game money. 

Since I'm in the money I have bought quite a few slots for more warframes so I've experimenting with a few more.  I've tried Nezha which I wish I tried sooner because he is so much fun.  He's very affective as a glass cannon too so I'm well into him, just whizzing around dead quickly leaving flames in my wake and doubling back and finishing off a string of burning enemies.

I also finally to Inaros who is ridiculously good, if a little dry.  I also got Titania who is loads of fun, but I don't think I'm that good with. 

I also went back to Chroma and I have a lot of new mods since I last tried him and I have a build now that makes him very good.  I take back my original dismissal of him. 

• 4 weeks later...

I fired this up on my laptop last night, after trying it on PS4 a couple of years back. The PS4 version wasn't great when I played - there were massive frame rate issues in areas there really shouldn't have been. Playing on PC last night though was fantastic. Everything zipped along nicely, and playing as some ninja type frame (Mag?) with a sword and bow was great fun, even if it's going to take me ages to be able to contort my fingers in such a way as to get used to mouse and keyboard.