smallofbooty

PlanetSide2

Anyone got this/ intending to play it? I got sent a beta code but apart from downloading 10 gigs of game and updates yesterday haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

I downloaded the PC version about a week a go but have yet to find the motivation to give it a go.

I'm interested in playing this with the battlefield lot. I applied for the beta ages ago but didn't get a key. :(

So if anyone has one they won't use I'll gladly take it.

I've given it a couple of goes on PS4. It's a bit confusing (getting the right spawn is difficult) but there is a hint of potential. There's a range of customisable classes and weapons. Vehicle unlocks including aircraft but I'm way off being high enough rank to try any of them. The game seems to mainly consist of base capturing missions which then unlocks more territory to conquer. The maps can be big but there's not much sense of purpose or what the factions are or why. The mini map is a bit shit and confusing - enemies appear as tiny dots in hard to define colours while your own team appears to be a variety of colours and I don't know why. I'll give it a few more goes but it really needs friends onboard and a sense of direction.

I'm interested in playing this with the battlefield lot. I applied for the beta ages ago but didn't get a key. :(

So if anyone has one they won't use I'll gladly take it.

Check your PM.

Played some more today. Enjoyed it more but it needs a squad - god knows how that will work out in game!? Need to cover the big distances in vehicles as groups. Currently doing a lot of hoofing it as transports go past empty not picking up team mates. If anyone joins I'm playing as the purple group with plasma weapons (Vanu Sovereignty).

I've joined Vanu too Small. I had to google the classes though as the game menu doesn't tell you for some reason..

Played it a few times. I like the premise and idea of it. With a squad of friends it would be good.

But the controls and vehicle camera needs to be tweaked. Even when I've tighten up the looking speeds it feels really loose. Hopefully they fix it before it's released.