passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three times through and there are unbelievably things I've still missed.

You can summon NPC's to help in a few fights. I've seen Gazza appear with beckoners before and wondered what was up with that and now I know.

Also the biggest thing is a whole area I haven't been to.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sextuplet post, bitches.

The DLC is out and I've bought it ready to be downloaded when I get home. For reference, this is how you get to the new stuff:

Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the skull in the back of the room to trigger the cinematic turning the time of day into night.

Go to the Hunter's Dream and examine a new messenger at the foot of the stairs (where you first get a weapon at the game's start) to receive the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter.

Head to Oedon Chapel and take the left exit to the square.

Stand next to the tree and wait for an invisible claw to grab you. With the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter you'll now be taken to an all new area: The Hunter's Nightmare.

Not sure if I'll have to make a new save or I can get there from my current game.

• 2 weeks later...

How many hours do you reckon you've put in this H?

This character says 107 hours. I can't remember if I had any earlier attempts that I deleted or not and I'm not sure if it counts all time played or doesn't count game time lost to deaths. Still, a pretty high number. Level 194 too!

The DLC is pretty easy to get to and my 3rd play through save was much further than I needed to be so all I had to do was go back to the hub area, pick up an item and go back to an early area to get whisked away.

I've just started it and I'm truly terrified, I'm not gonna lie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't get this.

I get to the two Warewolves on the bridge and die everytime. I have the armour and upgraded my weapon a level.

And I'm fed up of the bit leading up to it, I can do it with my eyes closed. Sometimes I get bored and try to do something fancy for funsies but then that kills me.

I think I'd like this game more if it was harder but had more lanterns. I'm just so fed up of the repetition at the moment.

I wonder if I can join you? I think they improved the co-op to where you can set passwords and it would nerf my character a lot.

If you fancy a hand I can join you tomorrow night?

At the risk of spoiling anything I'll put some advice in spoiler box....

If you're where I think you are, there's 2 ways up to that bridge. One is through a house with a disabled dude on the ground floor, one through some stairs after some enemies and dogs.

Where that bridge leads to is actually a dead end with a boss and a lantern. I'm not actually sure if you need to do that boss or not to progress, I don't think it's necessary. It's certainly not the way forward though unlocking that lantern is pretty useful.

With the werewolves, try and lure one at a time if you can, make sure to notice when they are about to lunge. Hit and back the fuck away. Rinse, repeat.

Well I tried luring them one at a time and they were having none of it. Attached at the hip, they are.

I looked online for tips. I can't level up until I've seen the first boss (*shrugs*) and people were just saying run past everything just to get to the Cleric Beast's room, then die, then grind.

I think I really have the wrong idea about this game.

But yeah, I'm around tomorrow if co-op works. Might as well. The game doesn't want to be played honestly.

If you've got any pebbles, trying targeting one of them and chucking a pebble at one from a relative distance.

If you're frustrated now, just wait till you meet the 2nd boss.

Incidentally, where is your last lamp? If you have the one after the big ladder climb at the beginning, there's a gate that cuts down the path to that bridge so it'll take you all of about 30 seconds to walk there.

If you can nip through the house, you might find those werewolves are too big to fit through the door, WINK.

This has made me boot this back up.

I was originally going to prowl round the starting area again or make a new character, but instead I've gone back into the stupidly hard DLC. Teamed up with a couple of people and tore the first boss a new arsehole.

Some people might look down their noses at playing it in co-op, but it makes it much more fun to me and much more necessary to beat some of the more ridiculous bosses.

I looked online for tips. I can't level up until I've seen the first boss (*shrugs*)

Yes, you can. I did. I took the long way around, though.

As mentioned in the DS3 thread, I have booted this back up recently as well. I defeated the One Reborn with the help of a friend, and have left it at the first lamp in the Nightmare of Mensis. I really want to finish this game.

If you've got any pebbles, trying targeting one of them and chucking a pebble at one from a relative distance.

If you're frustrated now, just wait till you meet the 2nd boss.

Incidentally, where is your last lamp? If you have the one after the big ladder climb at the beginning, there's a gate that cuts down the path to that bridge so it'll take you all of about 30 seconds to walk there.

If you can nip through the house, you might find those werewolves are too big to fit through the door, WINK.

Yeah, my last lamp is at the top of the ladder. I killed that big dude with the axe and got a trophy so is he dead for ever? I mean, I'll keep killing him if I have to but I'm just wondering.

And of course I know about pebbles. I may be not clicking with this games logic but I know how to try things... this isn't my first rodeo.

A problem I'm seeing is I like to show off to myself while playing games because I'm that empty inside and I don't feel like I can here, at least at crucial times. Like, I got in a fight with the big guy with the brick and I'm fairly sure I shot him at a point where he should have staggered but he didn't give a shit and bonked me on the head. Can he be staggered? how many bonks do I have to take and potentially start the whole process again to find out? Do I get that punished just for trying to have fun and be cool?

It's like this game doesn't want you to be cool, and I have to be cool in games. If I can't then there is no point.