Sign in to follow this  
Sambob

Bloodborne

I got right underneath the tower with the cunt on the top of it and got raped by crows, jumping poison bastards and heavy gunfire. :(

Father Gascoigne I defeated on my first attempt as well :D

Solo?...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nope, with assistance from a summon.

Gascoigne on first attempt is a bit amazing if it was indeed solo. Had you seen vidoes of it or anything like that?

Saw him briefly in a video review I watched but that's about it, I did recognise the area as his domain when I stepped into it from the vid, but had no idea what his attacks were or anything like that. I did use a summon though.

Just booted up to quickly grab my last souls from the last post of mine. Was doing well and then ran off a ledge into certain doom.

I'm now going to be immortalised into one of those red death spirits that other people watch and laugh at. :(

I did one of those the other day. Rolled off a massive drop into the sewers for no reason whatsoever.

Defeated Daddy Gascoigne this morning.

Need some advice quickly.

In the cathedral that houses the cunt on the top.

There's a ladder going up, potentially towards fighting him or staying round the bottom.

I really need a lamp, stat. Which way?

Ah well, too late.

Spoilers for those who want to go in blind, I guess.

Going the bottom route, there's a door to unlock that leads back to where the ladder is, up to Mr Grumpy. Two ladders up leads to him, who isn't even a proper boss and there is no lamp before him.

Rail gun man? That ladder is to him yeah. Taking him out makes that area a lot easier...Keep heading down after that.

You won't get a lamp till after a boss. But you know maybe there's a shortcut or something. :P

I've died by a falling down a lift shaft at the top of some stairs. Respawned, come back, climbed up the stairs and some forgot what happened 2 mins ago and fell down the shaft again. Fucking idiot. :lol:

@blakey calling for help on your first try. You wuss! :P

Fuck this game solo.

Just had an amazing co-op experience with two guys. The first that appeared understood straight away that at a certain point in I was new to the area so took me around every shortcut and item.

We dispensed with the cunt up top and then continued around when a third guy joined us.

Got to a section where neither of them would go forward but when I went back to them to see if they wanted me somewhere else they wouldn't move.

So moved forward and sure enough the boss which I would've properly struggled with on my own.

I don't mind trial and error bosses, but it's still quite a way to get to that boss, even with some shortcuts.

I don't mind trial and error bosses, but it's still quite a way to get to that boss, even with some shortcuts.

You can get from lamp to boss in about 40 seconds. That's all I'm saying. :)

I probably have that shortcut. Does it involve dropping down some ledges?

I died, had a cut scene and now appear stuck in a mental hospital.

post-62-0-08864600-1427995284_thumb.jpg

My current stats - tell me where I'm going wrong! Costs 7000 to level up at the moment.

I've started putting stats into arcane because I heard on Giant Bomb about an electric mace which sounds excellent but you need arcane points to use it.

Nobody really knows what the best use of stats are at the moment, ive gone for strength and vitality. It would be just like this game to totally subvert the stats that were strong in the souls game just because 'its bloodborne and not souls'.

Ive put the odd stat point into skill, just because I think it might be trying to make me ignore it....or something.

I'm level 63 and you have higher endurance and arcane than me. :) that looks fine though so far. You haven't unlocked the rune stuff yet (or have you?) so you'll be able to tweak abit more with that.

I've only had one weapon that I can't use for some reason. I have the Tonitrus (the electric mace) but I only get 5 swings of it before my bar empties where as with my cleaver I get 6 on it's heavy mode. That's important to me if I'm trying to get health back or that last hit on a boss.

Another 3 hours on this earlier.
Made pretty decent progress today, got all the items and explored everything I possibly could in the Cathedral Ward, then stumbled into Old Yharnam and was caught in one of the classic Souls games' repetition cycles here, earned quite a few Blood Echoes and upgraded a lot, persevered and learnt all the enemy locations, how best to fight them etc. all the usual Souls stuff, did lose quite a few Blood Echoes along the way but earned them back I through perseverance I'd say.
Spent ages trying to figure out where I was meant to go from here, the only two conclusions I came to was up a ladder that lead to this mini-boss that seemed pretty damn difficult to fight or another path that lead through this Church environment, I chose the latter, persevered and eventually opened up a shortcut which means I can get back to this same locale quickly tomorrow, had 13,000+ Blood Echoes on me at the time so decided to use a mask to keep them all intact and reawaken back at the Old Yharnam Lamp, I would guess I was either quite near a lamp or a boss at this point, but just felt silly continuing with all those Blood Echoes on me.
Currently about Level 26 I think, 6 Insight, 8 hours in altogether.

Need some advice quickly.

In the cathedral that houses the cunt on the top.
There's a ladder going up, potentially towards fighting him or staying round the bottom.
I really need a lamp, stat. Which way?

Ah well, too late.

Spoilers for those who want to go in blind, I guess.

Going the bottom route, there's a door to unlock that leads back to where the ladder is, up to Mr Grumpy. Two ladders up leads to him, who isn't even a proper boss and there is no lamp before him.

This is the area I was in earlier, tried defeating the mini-boss on top of the ladder once and he absolutely pwned me so I continued on in other directions and decided not to bother :lol: found the ladder shortcut, but not the 40 second from lamp one...I have an idea of where this is though...

@blakey calling for help on your first try. You wuss! :P

I know, I know! :blush: I never know when to use summons though...I never did in DS2 and I don't in this, I always think "well if I use them on the first try I'll potentially have all my potions and stuff to use, and max insight" but I know it is a bit of a cop-out really, but I love it ;)

Lost 60,000 blood echoes tonight. It was a sore one.

Also met a secret NPC that I hope everyone meets because of how odd he is.

I cant believe you built up that many without cashing them in dude, i guess if you've run out of masks then you cant do much about it.

I made some good progress last night but now have 15,000 souls sitting on a death wish trek near the next boss.

Also with apparently no lamp before the boss. :(

I cant believe you built up that many without cashing them in dude, i guess if you've run out of masks then you cant do much about it.

I had marks. :lol:

Got 43k for ending a boss and what ever I had before. Was in a new area and I just wanted to see what was at the top of the hill. :(

Would of only gained 2 levels with it anyway.

Story stuff is getting really cool. The current area I'm in maybe the creepiest I've seen in a souls.

Hendo just use a bold mark dude.