Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

It really is, isn’t it?

I thought you’d done the DLC before? What took you so long?

Nope, main game, sure, but I only recently picked up the DLC.

Glad I took down Maria, I actually found what was holding me back was the blades of mercy. While they are fast, they don't stagger at all. I think they work great for crowd control and running through people without stopping. Lady Maria was a much easier fight with the cane

12 hours ago, RoboticMonk3y said:

holy shit on toast the fishing village is peak lovecraft ?

Yup. My favorite area of the game I think.

I know a few people who didn't bother with the DLC and they've massively missed out imo. Like I say, the fishing village is one of the best areas, and the DLC also contains some of the best weapons (WHIRLIGIG!!!!).

On my Ng+ character I've levelled up a few different weapons. 

Saw cleaver remains, to me, the most fun and versatile.

The cane was faster to get levelled up, because you only need to level up 'skill'

The moonlight sword was ok, but like most of the heavy swinging weapons, you have to be careful with when you swing

looking at the stats, the whilygig saw edges out slightly over the saw-cleaver in terms of base damage, but only by 10 (190 vs 180)

I might see about levelling up my strength and trying it out again.

Just the bind of trying to save up for all those bloodstone chunks, (and the bloodrock is hella expensive at 60 insight)

All the weapons are pretty good in their own right. I didn't use any of the skill ones for long because I wasn't levelling skill but all of the ones that levelled with strength seemed to have nice combos you could dash in and out with and make good use of.

I still think saw cleaver is the best. 

fast in regular mode, has some good combos and well as some heavy hitting combos

in transformed mode it has a lot reach, and you can use it in a vertical or a horizontal arc.

I didn't have any luck finding a strength weapon that was as universally useful

I suspect that's largely down to my playing style though...

Makes more sense that the boss in that area was a giant wad of snakes, good find. 

I'm back to rolling about the DLC and trying to pick up all the weapons (not that I'm trophy chasing or anything!)

I need to have a look into what dungeon I need to spawn after beating Rom, I was so pumped that I beat him, that I didn't pay attention to what cup he dropped!

I was also going to have a look at doing some levelling up into strength, maybe try out the whirlygig saw. I'm also keen to wreck some faces with the gattling gun and I need more than 6 strength for that...

Whirlygig saw is a crazy fun weapon. I found that loading it with rapid poison blood gems made it really effective (although, this was years ago, so not sure how viable it is now).

Rapid poison is effectively the same as Bleed status from Dark Souls, so if you use the L2 attack it hits multple times and builds the poison meter really quickly (unless they’ve got particularly high poison resistance).

Plus, the whirlygig’s L2 attack is sooooooo satisfying to use. A thing of beauty ?