Sign in to follow this  
Sambob

Bloodborne

This thread already. :lol:

Blood echoes are left on the ground when you die unless a nearby enemy "eats" them. You just kill that enemy to get them back.

Sam you need to agro the enemies one at a time if you can so you don't get overpowered. Use your pebbles if there's groups. Take your time.

The first area is actually pretty linear compared to later on.

A tip for fighting. If the enemy is holding a weapon in his right hand try to dash/roll to the right so you're not dashing into his attack arc. It also put the enemies back to you so you carry on your attack. If it in his left dash to the left etc.

I'm about 10-15 hours in. It's beautiful. Sooo good.

Nag, does this have share play? I'll show you the ropes if you want?

The individual enemies im ok with, in fact im smashing through them, its just the boss. I probably need to grind and level a bit more. Ive had it down to a sliver a few times but then it just decides its going to win and goes on constant attack so you dont get an opening any more.

I definitely can beat it and eventually will, i don't like the fact that you can play it for 2 and a half hours but have nothing to show for it.

Pretty much what Sam said... Probably around 3 hours last night and I'm still in the same place as when I started... Killing the exact same mobs in the exact same positions... I haven't got the patience for that kind of bollocks.

There's a good guide on Eurogamer which should be some help.

There's a doll in the Hunter's Dream that is your method of levelling up, can't remember how you make it come to life, or if it just does after a certain time. Have a good search around the top and talk to the guy in the wheelchair up the top of the hill.

Get to the bridge boss and die, that's how the doll woke up for me... And pretty much where I sacked the game off. :lol:

Me too! Pro tip, dont even face him unless you have ten molotovs and 20 blood vials. Take the time to accumulate echoes and then buy them from the hunters dream if you have to.

I barely used any vials and I didn't even chuck fire at him. I just tried to stay behind him all the time.

The next boss though is a complete cunt. You're basically fighting yourself.

In the end I lost at least 15,000 souls/blood things.

However I'm not that down about that because all I lost was time - in DS2 the enemies would eventually vanish and therefore you lost time and the ability to level up.

I'm still none the wiser what to put points into apart from the obvious of health, strength and stamina.

I did the same for Cleric beast. Just hacked at his legs from the side.

What class and weapon did everyone pick? I went with milquetoast and the saw cleaver. I'm lvl 42 and have been putting most of my blood in strength and vitality with a bit in endurance. Kinda boring build but it's working for me.

The stats screen seems to tell you that some crazy shit can be done though.

Think I'm about 25hrs in now. Art and enemy design the last 5 or so hrs has been incredible.

About the same as me Mark, maybe I have an hour more than you. Hopefully get an hour or two before work tomorrow.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't expect anyone (apart from Duck and maybe Hendo) to actually finish this game.

You know that eeeeeveryone is going to finish it now because you said that. :P

I don't think it's THAT difficult. I think I've only had one boss that I really struggled on..so far.

A lot of folk seemed to have finished it on Twitter. So I'm guessing it's about 35+ hrs long, maybe?

It's doable man, I hope everyone finishes it. :)

Discovered something I thought was possibly random to be one of most inventive online mechanics I've seen. This fucking game guys! :)

Was absolutely kicking the shit out of father gascoine on my first attempt and all of a sudden my controller battery dies and he kills me, why is there no fucking pause screen?!

Made some good progress this evening, have opened up the gate to the left of the lamp in Central Yharnam.

Did you go via the sewers to do this? Instead of fighting the two wolves I ran straight ahead and smashed some boxes and ended up going into the sewers after descending a few ladders. Defeated a bunch of rats before jumping off a high ledge after onto wooden platforms before landing in the bottom with a bunch of dudes crawling in the water. Felt like I was doing it the wrong way, but I guess I wasn't. I did find a complete Hunter gear set there, though.

EDIT: ha, just realised if I took out the wolves on the bridge I would have been right by the house you go through to unlock the gate.

Did it all in one life, all new areas. Felt good, but bloody intense.