passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

So, I rolled over ROM in the main game but just can't get more than 2/3 heath off the fuck.

I've even tried using the NPC summons with no luck. One of them dies in the first minute or two and the other likes to try using his face to catch magic missiles.

I've tried carefully taking out all his little spider minions and I've also tried rolling in and spamming R1. 

I'm stumped!

Maybe it's time to check a guide...

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s the trophy gotten for all weapons in the DLC. Only the last one for the optional boss fight, that I might have missed the first time around.

I took my NG++ character into the DLC and lost about 400,000 blood echoes, so I can confirm that the DLC scales like a bastard with NG+. My recommendation for @Sly Reflex is to keep a save of before the final boss and then use that character to go through the DLC.

I’m at the point now where my second character has not completed the main game but has access to every weapon and every lamp location so can help out with anyone that fancies a bash through.

As promised, those missing boss fights.

Spoiler

I think this one might have glitched because I've helped a few people out since and it always does the whole going dark thing where the boss duplicates itself.

I did have  Gherman fight on it's own but I see little point in putting that up separately. It's the same fight. So whatever.

And now for something else...

Spoiler

Beat the cunt. All those arms and you still couldn't catch me.

I've been having a lazy Sunday morning and afternoon and I've tried playing other stuff, but of course I'm drawn back in.

So I've made a new character with an attempt to play differently as both my others used the axe and went all in on strength.

I've found a good guide and I'm going with the assassin build which is not a million miles away from my previous (as I'm using the whip, which I did a lot in my previous two) but the arcane build seems a bit weak until late game.

Basically the aim here is concentrate on health, stamina and skill and use the whip until I can get Eileen's blade weapon off her.

I just need one more red jelly and then I'm into the last chalice to give that boss a hiding. I know where the jelly is, I just have to throw myself through loads of swinging blades to get it and then fight a silver beast. Silver beast is a pussycat really, although having to run the gauntlet to get to him, kill him and then open the chest with the red jelly in is probably going to take me a few goes. I've already been cut up and killed by the blades and I can see it happening again.

I had a read to see what red jelly is too, to find out exactly where this item I need is. Turns out it's the remains of an aborted fetus. ?

On 21/10/2018 at 16:28, Hendo said:

I've been having a lazy Sunday morning and afternoon and I've tried playing other stuff, but of course I'm drawn back in.

So I've made a new character with an attempt to play differently as both my others used the axe and went all in on strength.

I've found a good guide and I'm going with the assassin build which is not a million miles away from my previous (as I'm using the whip, which I did a lot in my previous two) but the arcane build seems a bit weak until late game.

Basically the aim here is concentrate on health, stamina and skill and use the whip until I can get Eileen's blade weapon off her.

this was my thinking behind my current build

plus point is that focusing on one stat means that you get your damage higher sooner (cane and blades of mercy are both skill weapons)

all I will say, is that while you *can* kill eileen as soon as you meet her, I found that I had I coulnd't really use the blades until about the point of where I would have finished her quest.

By killing her early, i didn't get her cool shit from her quest line

so don't :P

I was curious to try an arcane build next,,,

Funny you should say that, because I actually had no choice. I went to help her in the first hunter fight and died. Went back there and he had finished her off. So I have the blades but no more Eileen. :( 

Here’s a thing. If you look at that guide, I’m using the assassin build which says to ignore arcane points but the blades of mercy scale with arcane as well as skill. So should I ignore that guide and put points into arcane as well?

At the moment I’m using both that and the whip but I have to force myself to use the blades as I’m so used to the range from using both the whip and the hunter axe for so much of the game.

The reach on those blades is tiny. I think you're going to have to open every encounter with a locked on dodge towards your target, basically treat every mob how I treat hunters with the dodge attack.

I've been thinking about it and fighting all the bosses with that blade is going to be rock solid. Stuff like Amygdala is going to be potentially super horrendous. Cainhurst boss might be fucky as well.

I mostly used the cane until I got to byrgenworth, then I started levelling up the blades. 

Sly's right in that the range is short, but you can combo FOREVER!!! make sure you end with a double swipe on R2 (assuming you're doing the right thing and double handing)

I have put no points into arcane, I've hit the soft cap on skill, and the blades are at level 10, I checked to see if putting a point in arcane did anything, and no.

I still have no idea what arcane does, I've not found a weapon that utilises it

I have found that you don't need to lock on with the blades, they feel like they have a very wide arc, also using them with the hunters bone and you can dodge everything

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Well I’m gonna level both weapons equally so I will have reach with the whip. But I guess the idea is to run in, get a shit load of hits in and get the fuck out.

don't forget that if you hit the chalice dungeons you can scoop up a load more shards and whatnot

oh, the only other weird thing that tripped me up on the blades of mercy is that you can't use fire or bolt paper on them ?

• 2 weeks later...

Been rolling through regular dungeons on the hunt for good gems. 

Had a few more stabs at Rom.

Man.

Bashing my head against the wall...

Anyway,

Decided to have a crack at lady Maria before going to bed and managed to take her down on my second try.

Another boss down...