passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

The guy that's telling me to git gud is also the guy that's not done any of the side stuff. I think he needs to git gud himself before lecturing people that have done more than he has. ;)

Spoiler

The train doesn't stop, even if it's moaning.

Took me three goes to kill this guy. First time I spent about 20 minutes chasing the cunt around, got him to the end and then a combination of my stupidity and his aggression saw me off. Second fight he did me in the first encounter (hence the pool of blood in that room) that tentacle attack stunlocked me and 3 hits later and I'm back at the lamp. Got him good on the third run.

Had a dig around the castle. Cool area. Those candle holding guys are a bit annoying though.  Spent ages waiting on a summons after I discovered the boss, so pulled @Hendo in for a jolly co-operation.

Chinned him.Did a do over and chinned him again, but not after eating shit after trying to do a visceral attack. Second fight was super laggy for some reason, the bit where he walks forward it was jerking about like a mother fucker.

Did Rom as well, in Hendo's game. Give that motherfucker the hiding of his life.

I know the name of the next boss because someone spoilered and I've put 2 and 2 together There's a baby crying in my game. There's a wet nurse. We've had the one reborn. The prostitute back in the ward is holding her gut so she's probably pregnant. It's all symbolic. There's probably some more of it I've missed because I've not been looking as hard as people that read into everything. The whole Micolash fight he's rattling on about shit and what have you too. I did read some of it when I was trimming the footage down and that seems like a trove of info if you can be bothered to decipher it. Talking about eyes on brains and all that bullshit.

Have I missed anything? I know that Eileen still needs her issue sorting and I'll go do that, it might be frustrating but I'll beat the cunt. I think I've gotten everything else?

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Blakey said:

Git gud :P

Jesus Christ. ?

9 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Honestly I don't think this floats. Not for games anyway. With other media you're passive, with games you'e actively taking part and putting mechanics in "to be a stone in your shoe", making the game worse to make a point is dumb. Not everything by well respected people is fantastic, they can output garbage as well. The problem is that some people will try and interpret that misstep as intended genius. It's not, it's a misstep, it's shite. There's no hidden messages. There's no underlying context to it. It's just rubbish. They tried something different and the megafans or artsy fartsy folk make excuses for it.

Nah, i would say even the opposite. Resident Evil, Soma and survival horror games dude. Low health, ammo, die easily etc. Fun is proabaly not how would describe them games. I was so scared and uncomfortable playing the old Resident Evils back in the day but i did finished them and I have good memories playing them. Games like Darkest Dungeon too, people get a kick out of being up against the wall in games. 

The rest you said is just about taste innit. One trash is another man's blah blah blah.

Those are based around scarcity though. Well RE was, I can't comment on Darkest Dungeon or Soma because I've not played those. Eventually you kill what you have to but the rest gets missed out because you slalom past them. Maybe that's just the way I approach games though, I'm the sort of person that hoards the fuck out of everything without using it. In stuff like RE, Siren, Silent Hill and their ilk you're never forced to do stuff that goes against the grain.

That's not so for the nightmare sections of the game. You can't just not walk through the bits that damage you. For a game based around skill that's a dumb thing to do. There's no avoiding it, you have to push through it and just eat the losses. It's not about being scared or feeling tense, it's just about throwing these arbitrary mechanics in that suck. In fact thinking about it I can't think of any survival horror that's actively punished me for exploring or wanting to go forwards. Not in a "This is getting harder" sense but more in a "Fuck you for wanting to progress!" sense. If there is it's there to turn you back onto the path you should be following.

Be interesting to see how much wiggle room you have going across those areas without levelling up. You can potion spam on the first one, but there's no amount of potion spamming going to get your through that second part. That frenzy will ice you.

Being scared or pressured can be found in other games as well. I don't think I've ever felt as pressured by a game as Rainbow 6 Siege.

I didn't realise there was a desk for it though. It wasn't until quite far into the game where I was looking through my inventory and trying to equip them I went exploring to see how you do that stuff.

If I'm being honest I kind of like that, like when I pick up something new like I did with the crown last night I like to read it and have a go to see what stuff does. There's some stuff I still have no idea what to use for though.

On 12/09/2018 at 11:56, Hendo said:

Level 62 now, still haven’t put any points into anything other than health, stamina and strength, which might be a mistake, but hey ho.

Axe is level 7 and also carrying a threaded cane as backup.

Nope. Jack of all trades, master of none.

You really want to play to your strengths.

There is a skill soft cap at 40, you start seeing a sharp tail off in benefits to levelling beyond that in a single stat.

Also in regards to levelling weapons, it's nice to have options, but it's better to spend your points in upgrading a single weapon.

The spider things in cainhurst are awful, the ghosts are good for getting some levels though, especially if you get your runes on for more blood echoes. I *think* there's a chance of the gargoyles to drop bloodstone chunks.

17 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Have I missed anything? I know that Eileen still needs her issue sorting and I'll go do that, it might be frustrating but I'll beat the cunt. I think I've gotten everything else?

I think there's at least one boss you've not seen...

have you been to the upper cathedral ward? (you will need the "choir key" check your inventory, you might already have it, otherwise, you need to do some exploring up the stairs from that giant laser face guy...)

as for the "git gud" thing.

meh, 

I understand that when you look back at the start of the game, you realise how you didn't understand some of the finesse of playing, especially if you've got video of you playing.

Father gascoigne took me ages, and I just couldn't finish the fight, even using the trees, and using the music box. On a recent re-play of the game I spanked him into the dirt on my first go, not even having to use trees or graves to hide behind. 

I learned that he plays like a robot and you can punish him limited behaviour. 

I got better at understanding the game... I "got good"

so then, when someone says they're struggling, there's a part of me that knows that with some persistence and stopping to watch where I am failing (re-watching yourself playing a boss can teach you a lot) and so the easy and flippant remark to reach for is "git gud"... I get it now, but when your clenching your teeth and ready to spike your controller into the floor, it's the exact remark that can be the single most frustrating thing you can say.

I was going to give some advice about that fella on the top of cainhurst castle, but I see you handled him nicely.

I got stuck there for a while, waited half an hour or more for a summon, but I guess I was playing when there was a dip (hence be being so enthusiastic about jumping back into the yearly "return to yharnam" event)

that whole cainhurst thread still escapes me

Spoiler

if you see out the whole logarius side quest, you can un-mash the lady in the chair, but I didn't really get why.

if you guys are co-opping with each other, have you joined "the league" for an HP bonus?

in regards to clothes, there are some that are generic enough, you can wear them throughout, but you really should keep an eye out for swapping to resistance if you're seeing a lot of a particular type of damage, especially frenzy...

on second thoughs, just fuck everywhere with frenzy, not worth the hassle unless you're one of those completionist folk...

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

That area is pretty fucked. I only got there on my NG+ run when I googled area names and realised there was a few I hadn’t seen. 

I’m in the League covenant, not sure I’ve noticed much health difference though.

one of those bosses is a cake walk, the other can be one of "those" if you and sly are teamed up, you'll roll them both easily though, remember roll in and past to get behind them and stay there,

the boost from the league is only 5% i think so it's not much, but maybe enough to save you one time...

On my NG+ save I couldn’t even get to the boss.

My excuse is that I probably wasn’t levelled up enough but lots of awful enemy types in there.

On my new game save I haven’t got there yet as I have only just unlocked Unseen Village and I think you have to more or less complete that to open the door.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

On my NG+ save I couldn’t even get to the boss.

My excuse is that I probably wasn’t levelled up enough but lots of awful enemy types in there.

On my new game save I haven’t got there yet as I have only just unlocked Unseen Village and I think you have to more or less complete that to open the door.

well, the "house" you get to is a chore, very strong wolves and those awful brain leeches...

outside of there though, piece of cake...

also, sly, if you're at mergo's loft and seen the mergo's mother, did you notice she was in shackles?

That is a premium place to grind souls by the way, visceral attack the first pig, run past the second two and kite them into teh next mob group, drop down in the lift and back to the lamp...

if you have the right runes on, you can make 12k echoes per loop, should hit level 80 in no time (I found 80 a good place for the last boss)

Made my way through the village and got to the second lamp, in the chapel. Only really wanting to get the key to the Upper Cathedral Ward.

Started making my way up towards the door and got pushed off the edge by a numpty with a wooden shield, which has to go down as one of the most embarrassing ways I’ve died.

Went back there and no blood echoes. Cleared out the room he came out of and nothing.

I googled it and apparently people have had echoes go missing but then might turn up later, as if they clipped through a wall and the game later fixed itself.

So I plodded on as I didn’t lose a lot, went up a couple of floors and the wheelchair guy on the edge had the glowing eyes. I never made it that far! That’s got to be the furthest away my echoes have ever been.

Unlocked the Upper Cathedral Ward now anyway, so I can die over and over again in there.