MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-62-0-08864600-1427995284_thumb.jpg

My current stats - tell me where I'm going wrong! Costs 7000 to level up at the moment.

I've started putting stats into arcane because I heard on Giant Bomb about an electric mace which sounds excellent but you need arcane points to use it.

Nobody really knows what the best use of stats are at the moment, ive gone for strength and vitality. It would be just like this game to totally subvert the stats that were strong in the souls game just because 'its bloodborne and not souls'.

I'm level 63 and you have higher endurance and arcane than me. :) that looks fine though so far. You haven't unlocked the rune stuff yet (or have you?) so you'll be able to tweak abit more with that.

I've only had one weapon that I can't use for some reason. I have the Tonitrus (the electric mace) but I only get 5 swings of it before my bar empties where as with my cleaver I get 6 on it's heavy mode. That's important to me if I'm trying to get health back or that last hit on a boss.

Another 3 hours on this earlier.

Made pretty decent progress today, got all the items and explored everything I possibly could in the Cathedral Ward, then stumbled into Old Yharnam and was caught in one of the classic Souls games' repetition cycles here, earned quite a few Blood Echoes and upgraded a lot, persevered and learnt all the enemy locations, how best to fight them etc. all the usual Souls stuff, did lose quite a few Blood Echoes along the way but earned them back I through perseverance I'd say.

Spent ages trying to figure out where I was meant to go from here, the only two conclusions I came to was up a ladder that lead to this mini-boss that seemed pretty damn difficult to fight or another path that lead through this Church environment, I chose the latter, persevered and eventually opened up a shortcut which means I can get back to this same locale quickly tomorrow, had 13,000+ Blood Echoes on me at the time so decided to use a mask to keep them all intact and reawaken back at the Old Yharnam Lamp, I would guess I was either quite near a lamp or a boss at this point, but just felt silly continuing with all those Blood Echoes on me.

Currently about Level 26 I think, 6 Insight, 8 hours in altogether.

On 02/04/2015 at 14:14, Hendo said:

Need some advice quickly.

In the cathedral that houses the cunt on the top.
There's a ladder going up, potentially towards fighting him or staying round the bottom.
I really need a lamp, stat. Which way?

On 02/04/2015 at 14:50, Hendo said:

Ah well, too late.

Spoilers for those who want to go in blind, I guess.

Spoiler

Going the bottom route, there's a door to unlock that leads back to where the ladder is, up to Mr Grumpy. Two ladders up leads to him, who isn't even a proper boss and there is no lamp before him.

This is the area I was in earlier, tried defeating the mini-boss on top of the ladder once and he absolutely pwned me so I continued on in other directions and decided not to bother :lol: found the ladder shortcut, but not the 40 second from lamp one...I have an idea of where this is though...

On 02/04/2015 at 15:01, Duck said:

@blakey calling for help on your first try. You wuss! :P

I know, I know! :blush: I never know when to use summons though...I did in DS2 and I have done in this, I always think "well if I use them on the first try I'll potentially have all my potions and stuff to use, and max insight" but I know it is a bit of a cop-out really, but I love it ;)

I cant believe you built up that many without cashing them in dude, i guess if you've run out of masks then you cant do much about it.

I had marks. :lol:

Got 43k for ending a boss and what ever I had before. Was in a new area and I just wanted to see what was at the top of the hill. :(

Would of only gained 2 levels with it anyway.

Story stuff is getting really cool. The current area I'm in maybe the creepiest I've seen in a souls.

Hendo just use a bold mark dude.

Another 2 hours played earlier, would've played an hour longer but it did my head in a bit tonight.

Made decent progress early on in Old Yharnam, made my way down through my newly opened shortcut into the area at the bottom where I assumed the boss was lurking somewhere, killed a few enemies and opened up another shortcut which would allow me to quickly get down to that area from the Old Yharnam lamp.

Eventually made my way to the boss (Blood-starved Beast) had about 8,000 Souls, full Blood Vials, full Bullet Count so I thought f**k it, might as well give it a go....managed it first time solo :D used quite a few Blood vials and it was touch & go at times, with him almost wiping my entire health bar with his frenzy attack before I could take a vial and/or antidote but just had enough time every time to take one so bested him and the fist-pumping began, the adrenaline was flowing and my heart beating out my chest but I could relax after he'd been defeated.

Had much more of a stranger time after I defeated the boss, didn't really know where to go, had a look round the area where the boss lamp was but could only find a few Coldblood Dews and stuff, went back to the Dream to bank my Souls and upgrade a bit, spoke to the Wheelchair guy and he told me to ascend Oedon Chapel, I recognised this from the Cathedral Ward Lamp, so went back there and sure enough there was a new door that had opened up. Made my way through this new area to the top where I discovered a locked door, this threw me again, I thought to myself "have I missed a key somewhere along the way?!" but I didn't think I did, was just exploring looking for alternative paths in this area when I found a ledge that led downwards.

I rolled off here and it led to an area with planks of wood that you had to navigate your way down, it was all dark at the bottom I knew nothing good would be down there, eventually carefully made my way down, defeated some wolf-life creature who wasn't tough at all and then made my way into another town-like environment, was making decent progress until I got one-shotted by this random enemy, I couldn't believe it, nothing in the game had one-shotted me as of yet, then when I awakened I didn't go back to the Cathedral Ward Lamp, but instead I was in this Prison area, did not know what the f**k was going on, was seriously confused, tried making my way through the area, learning enemy placements etc. but all the enemies were ridiculously hard so I thought this was an area I wasn't meant to be in yet, god knows how I got here.

After running about frantically, using a mask to try and get out of the area (to no avail) eventually I managed to find a Lamp and go back to the Dream which I was incredibly relieved about, thought I'd f**ked up my game or something and got trapped in this Prison. Went back to the Cathedral Ward Lamp and went the same way I was going before I died, made decent progress and opened up a couple of shortcuts from the Lamp for my next play session, so made a little bit more progress at the end which was good.

An incredibly frustrating and confusing day overall.

Me and you are in the same place.

I've had to go back to the starting area to grind for health vials.

Somewhere deep down that drop, after the lift back up, is a few thousand of my souls. I've been using the Eurogamer guide (only after I've been in the areas to see if I've missed anything), and there seems to be no lamp down there till after the boss.

Done a bit better, continued and opened some gates which should make it quicker but then found a bastard with an electric mace that destroyed me. I want that mace!

Also, even with insight, it wouldn't let me ring for assistance.

Congrats, Duck!

I still can't use my bell, no idea why, I have 5 insight.

I just read that if I use a bunch of madmen items to get my insight to 10, a new shop appears in the Hunter's Dream. But doesn't more insight equal harder enemies?

Opened another gate. Got to a graveyard with a couple of big bastards and uncovered some more parts of that bit, including a door that requires a password, which I haven't got yet.

Took out the two hunters, both of them annoying as fuck and happily, they are now gone for good.

There's quite a few options of places for me to go to so I might cash in the xp I have before it's too late and look at the guide of the best spot to try first.

How do I use runes? I have 3 extra now, in addition to one I have equipped. One upgrades my vial slot, one gives me more souls per kill. I really want to put them on, have I just not got to a bit I can use them yet?

Vanquished Amelia with co-op brethren, I'm hanging round now to help others.

I unlocked the extra shop, bought the co-op bell, can't see me buying the invading bell.

I think the reason the co-op bell wouldn't work before is that the area I was in was clear of bosses so it wouldn't let me bring anyone in.

This time around you can co-op with friends via the password system but it kicks you out after each boss do you have to start again, and is with the previous games, you have to be within 10 levels of each other.

I just blasted through the area from chapel ward to blood starved beast and I mean blasted through. Just played it with no fear at all went on the offensive and it really pays off. Basically attack, attack, dodge towards enemy i hardly lost any health never mind a life. If i can get this much out of each hour long play then this game will pay off immensely.

Im so glad i persevered with the game, i dont know if i will finish it or not but i am glad Ive got this far on what is a tough game.