passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

I accidentally harmed the female hunter on the balcony in Yharnam, and now she kills me every time I approach her. Does she provide anything worthwhile? Have I ruined anything for the future of the game?

I've unlocked the other shortcut where the two trolls are now, so I have easy access to the second boss. Love what I've played so far, hope I can stick with it. I still can't believe I took out the Cleric Beast on my first attempt. Well chuffed.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else do the father gascoigne music box/daughter story yet, this game is harsh as fuck unless its just bugged somehow.

I missed that, that's cool. A lot of the story stuff is left for you to work out.

I accidentally harmed the female hunter on the balcony in Yharnam, and now she kills me every time I approach her. Does she provide anything worthwhile? Have I ruined anything for the future of the game?

Nah I did the same. I accidentally hit the doll once luckily she didn't die or get hostile.

Killed a certain boss after maybe 12 - 15 attempts. Was trying to play it too tactical, but went more toe to toe and killed it after 4/5 goes of doing it that way. One of the last attempts I died when it had no visible health.. Almost smashed the controller. :lol:

Think I could possibly be in or close to the last area. :)

Played my first 3 hours of this today.

Made pretty decent progress up to the first boss, got his/her health down to 50% without properly trying but didn't want to lose all my Blood Echoes so used some item I picked up to transport me back to the last lamp and went back to the dream world where I'll upgrade my character a bit tomorrow.

Lost quite a few Blood Echoes along the way through Yharnam, particularly grating was losing 4000+ at one point but that's just the beauty of Souls games.

Combat is similar but different to the Souls games, it did click with me very quickly but I feel it'll take quite some time to master, there's quite a few intricacies I've yet to figure out and master just yet, but I am early in I suppose, the other thing I need to suss out is what is happening with the health bar and when I need to use a potion and when I don't.

I keep seeing a dot on my health bar go down, but the red line remains up, I guess this has something to do with me having to attack the enemy quickly or my health will go down shortly or something like this, but I found it confusing knowing whether to use a potion or whether to attack the enemy, I liked to be cautious with the Souls games but you don't have that luxury here, think I wasted quite a few potions and will have to farm/buy some more tomorrow but it's no big deal at the moment.

A dot? I know there's a dot under the bullet counter but I'm not sure what it's for.

The health system is kinda similar to a fighting game. What I've noticed if you take a bit hit, you usually have a split second to back out and recoup or start attacking again to try and get your metre you lost back.

20 vitals seems like a lot but it not. My current build usually takes about 4 of them to fully fill the bar. So If I decide to attack again I can sometimes get back 2/3 vitals of health.

Definitely in the late game. But the game knows it. It's tough. :(

Ive read that the more insight you have built up, the harder this game gets, so it might be worth spending your insight or something to keep it around the 9 mark...

I still dont quite know what the insight stat really does. I know it makes you see things that you cant with lower insight, and you can summon and invade people with it, but there must be a way it affects the game and story.

Yeah, I think having alot insight gives certain enemies a bigger move set. A enemy with a weapon will get a projectile move etc.. I've seen it happen outside one of the cathedrals.

It's also tied to your beasthood rating which affects your attack and defence. I think having a lot actually reduces your attack but raises you defence. I could be wrong..

But..if you have more than 10 a 'shop' will open in the Hunter's Dream's basins beside the house and the only way you can buy stuff out of there is with insight. It's probably the rarest currency in the game. So try to save some.. Even just for the bell later on.

There's bad dudes that can steal your insight too and once it's gone..it's gone. :( be careful of Xur's doppelgänger in the game.

Edit: The Guardian have done cool interview with Miyasaki. Apparently he took an 80% pay cut to work at From. :o

Heavily influenced by Ico, which I think is pretty obvious with the souls level design.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/31/bloodborne-dark-souls-creator-hidetaka-miyazaki-interview

A dot? I know there's a dot under the bullet counter but I'm not sure what it's for.

The health system is kinda similar to a fighting game. What I've noticed if you take a bit hit, you usually have a split second to back out and recoup or start attacking again to try and get your metre you lost back.

20 vitals seems like a lot but it not. My current build usually takes about 4 of them to fully fill the bar. So If I decide to attack again I can sometimes get back 2/3 vitals of health.

Definitely in the late game. But the game knows it. It's tough. :(

Maybe it's a line? It tends to move quite a bit when you're engaged in combat, if you get hit it goes down but the health remains high, I guess this represents the amount of health you can get back if you attack the enemy you're fighting within a set amount of time as you say.

Played another 2 hours of this earlier today, Cleric Beast I defeated on my first attempt today and Father Gascoigne I defeated on my first attempt as well :D, still early on though, just reached the Cathedral Ward, Level 18.

Father Gascoigne I defeated on my first attempt as well :D

Solo?...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nope, with assistance from a summon.

Gascoigne on first attempt is a bit amazing if it was indeed solo. Had you seen vidoes of it or anything like that?

Saw him briefly in a video review I watched but that's about it, I did recognise the area as his domain when I stepped into it from the vid, but had no idea what his attacks were or anything like that. I did use a summon though.

Just booted up to quickly grab my last souls from the last post of mine. Was doing well and then ran off a ledge into certain doom.

I'm now going to be immortalised into one of those red death spirits that other people watch and laugh at. :(

Need some advice quickly.

In the cathedral that houses the cunt on the top.

There's a ladder going up, potentially towards fighting him or staying round the bottom.

I really need a lamp, stat. Which way?

Ah well, too late.

Spoilers for those who want to go in blind, I guess.

Going the bottom route, there's a door to unlock that leads back to where the ladder is, up to Mr Grumpy. Two ladders up leads to him, who isn't even a proper boss and there is no lamp before him.

Rail gun man? That ladder is to him yeah. Taking him out makes that area a lot easier...Keep heading down after that.

You won't get a lamp till after a boss. But you know maybe there's a shortcut or something. :P

I've died by a falling down a lift shaft at the top of some stairs. Respawned, come back, climbed up the stairs and some forgot what happened 2 mins ago and fell down the shaft again. Fucking idiot. :lol:

@blakey calling for help on your first try. You wuss! :P

Fuck this game solo.

Just had an amazing co-op experience with two guys. The first that appeared understood straight away that at a certain point in I was new to the area so took me around every shortcut and item.

We dispensed with the cunt up top and then continued around when a third guy joined us.

Got to a section where neither of them would go forward but when I went back to them to see if they wanted me somewhere else they wouldn't move.

So moved forward and sure enough the boss which I would've properly struggled with on my own.

I don't mind trial and error bosses, but it's still quite a way to get to that boss, even with some shortcuts.

I don't mind trial and error bosses, but it's still quite a way to get to that boss, even with some shortcuts.

You can get from lamp to boss in about 40 seconds. That's all I'm saying. :)