passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing for an hour or so, no boss as of yet.

It looks ok, shinier, clearer version of the other games but nothing so far that leaps out as amazing.

That Souls level design is right there though - I'm in the first main section right now and it loops round so much.

I made a red head lady, obviously.

My 2.5 gig must have autodownloaded because It didnt pop up for me.

Okay so my impressions after an hour are that I want to keep playing it forever. Will try to destroy a few hours on it tonight, with the aim being beating the first boss. I think I need to master the new mechanics, that visceral attack seems to be key to a lot of things. Im at the point where im just running up to massive crowds and taking them all out with the powered up long axe attack, but from everything I read of the previous games it seems like I really shouldnt be doing that, I expect its just because im at an early stage.

Started it last night and have the first complete outfit available to purchase from the bird bath. Trying to defeat the massive dude with the axe but haven't managed it yet. Perfected the first area though, I've been through it so much. Load times are awful though, the sooner they're patched the better. Also my ps+ ran out last night so I need to renew.

I got to the boss on the bridge finally and obviously died.

Lost tons of souls/blood things/xp but finally managed to level up a few times.

Other than strength, stamina and health, I'm not sure where I should put my points?

This thread already. :lol:

Blood echoes are left on the ground when you die unless a nearby enemy "eats" them. You just kill that enemy to get them back.

Sam you need to agro the enemies one at a time if you can so you don't get overpowered. Use your pebbles if there's groups. Take your time.

The first area is actually pretty linear compared to later on.

A tip for fighting. If the enemy is holding a weapon in his right hand try to dash/roll to the right so you're not dashing into his attack arc. It also put the enemies back to you so you carry on your attack. If it in his left dash to the left etc.

I'm about 10-15 hours in. It's beautiful. Sooo good.

Nag, does this have share play? I'll show you the ropes if you want?

The individual enemies im ok with, in fact im smashing through them, its just the boss. I probably need to grind and level a bit more. Ive had it down to a sliver a few times but then it just decides its going to win and goes on constant attack so you dont get an opening any more.

I definitely can beat it and eventually will, i don't like the fact that you can play it for 2 and a half hours but have nothing to show for it.

There's a good guide on Eurogamer which should be some help.

There's a doll in the Hunter's Dream that is your method of levelling up, can't remember how you make it come to life, or if it just does after a certain time. Have a good search around the top and talk to the guy in the wheelchair up the top of the hill.