Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Xiii

Digital Boardgames

I love me some Risk and AoC4 is free so I'll certainly be trying that.

Might try the other one when I get paid.

I know I've posted about it already but I really want to play some Civ IV with friends badly. Anyone keen?

Catan Universe recently got released on IOS and Android..

I'm yet to play it but i think the base game is free to play with 2 other people and you pay for Rivals and another thing. I'm not entirely sure. 

BUT i'd be keen for some games.

I'll make the Digital games night thread soon, i promise. Maybe tomorrow. :) 

I played Catan for the first time the other week. It was far better than I was expecting it to be!

I've been playing a lot of Jaipur on my phone. It's a great implementation of a really good two player card game.

So.. the Through the Ages app is amazing. So much so i'm not sure if i can play the tabletop version.

First off is the tutorial which is quite lengthy (about 40 minutes) but it's great, i can't believe i'm going to say this for a board game tutorial but it actually has some decent writing and is genuinely funny in parts. Really well done, makes a quite complicated game fun to learn.

There's 2 version of the game 'Digital' and 'Tabletop'. The Digital version speeds up asynchronous play for example in the colonization auctions you place your maximum bid instead taking it in turns like a real auction in the tabletop version.  It also lets you change the Asynch or live speed easily which i haven't seen before. 

There's a cool challenge mode where it modifies the game and rules. 

Pass and play. Friends lists etc.. everything you want. 

A bit more expensive then the usual digital board game at £10 but worth it. Sooo good.