Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo Xiii

Digital Boardgames

If you're scared of losing, it's OK mate, just say.

Galaxy Trucker is ace! I wish I had someone who I could sit down with and play these games with over a beer/coffee, would be great.

If you're scared of losing, it's OK mate, just say.

Galaxy Trucker is ace! I wish I had someone who I could sit down with and play these games with over a beer/coffee, would be great.

Come to Birmingham, we'll have a board game night.

Hendo, have you closed the game centre and ttr app fully? Mine was doing something similar the other day and that seemed to solve it.

I have pocket, oh fml did I get the wrong one? :S

I went to uni there, fun town!

It's completely fucked for me now. Won't show any current games and GC itself is showing no turns either.

Damn! I'd gotten a great new route too, thought I was going to make it.

I have no turns listed in GC either. Start over?

I have pocket, oh fml did I get the wrong one? :S

I went to uni there, fun town!

I was going to go for pocket as well but wanted to check before dropping four whole pounds.

Come and pay a visit. We'll have a night out in snobs.

The whole of the GC/App Store is fucked for me at the moment.

It won't let me buy Galaxy Trucker and won't even let me download an update to the Google+ app.

Edit: seems I'm not alone in this. Apple are having problems.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/itunes-down-store-and-other-apple-services-experiencing-problems-some-broken-completely-10100002.html

I have both versions of GT. Both can async tho.

The last TTR game I only knew I was blocking you twice Jim. If it was more it wasn't ment..sort of.

I think I wasn't paying enough attention to Hendo. Bit of a dark horse :P

I'll pick up Carcassonne after we're had a few games of GT.

Maybe this explains it:

It's not as random as it first appears. To maximise your score, you need to pick tickets that span the map (preferably east to west, even better across the middle), once you have that base line in place, it's easy to pick up tickets that require little to no tickets to complete.

Obviously, this is what everyone else is aiming at as well, so you need to be able to adapt quickly. The more you play, the more obvious certain routes become (for example, I tent to avoid the area around San Fran/ LA and Miami) and you'll find you have hot spots that you aim for. It is partially luck (drawing of caradiges and routes) but it more about adapting and minimising your losses.

As for Carsassone, my tactic is to try and get on the farming and block other people from stealing your land. A lot of it comes down to luck though. Try and not go for big cities, as the longer the game goes on, the chances of completion drops and the odds of someone stealing it from you increases.

I'll pick up Space Truckers once the app store is back online. I assume the downtime is something to do with the Apple Watch?

Bought Galaxy Truckers Pocket. Done the tutorial and I think I understand it but I guess a few games will help.

What are people's Galaxy Truckers user names? It doesn't seem to support game centre for setting up multiplayer. Mines Jimboxiii unsurprisingly.

Has everyone created a online profile in GT? Can't seem to find you's to send a invite.