Sign in to follow this  
Sly Reflex

MH4U Online

Probably a bit of a long shot, but seeing as MH4U just came out and I know a few of us got it, what are the chances of getting some online hunts in?

If you're new to the series don't let it put you off, there's going to be a lot going on that you'll learn over time. I wouldn't say I know every last thing about the MH games, but I'm not exactly green anymore either, so if you want to learn or need help or advice I can at least point you in the right direction.

My guessing is this is going to die more or less straight away, but you never know until you try.

A quick PSA: You will need to play single player first and upgrade your chosen weapon before you go online. You won't be able to do enough damage to main monsters to be a viable player.

Just played 6 hours straight online. Just a few monsters off hitting HR2. Need to grab some better armour but it's hard to tell what to go for yet until I've collected enough pieces to see what is good.

I might put some impressions up in the games thread tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.

Lol. Thanks man. Annoyingly my friend is someone who played nothing else but destiny since September. 600hrs in, maxed up, and now addicted to this and days ahead ;( but I'm the one at my girlfriends and falling in love so who's the real winner? Eh? Eh?

I dunno know man, MH4U looks pretty good...

Ah, the rollback deleted my post. Now only those night owls will truly know the horror of what waits for them at the end of the 1* quests online.

Had a bit of a late start on this tonight, but managed to bash two of the monsters about a good while and learn my understudy how to trap and tranq. Earnt a fair bit of cash looking for a very specific carve. Didn't bloody get the carve, although in true Monster Hunter fashion it gave him one. I guess my poison gunlance is going to have to wait until another session.

Spent the night working through the 2* stuff online. Rathian really fucked us up though. The lady has been working on her attacks.

One of the monster pukes poison, farts and throws shit at you. It's all good though, we fucked his hair up, vain bastard.

Can't press home while you're online. You're welcome to come and join us hunt, we were all noobs at one point, the only way to stop being one is to play and learn from each other.

Jumping on now. One spot defo open, maybe 2 if one guy doesn't show up. Come and hunt. Password is 2580 if it asks you one. Or 0330. Try both if it asks.

HR4 now. The fight to get it is surprisingly easy, much more so than the previous rank up urgents.

On Thursday me and Duck will be playing almost from the start of the Guild Hall quests. Since Blakey won't be able to get on we will have at least one opening early on.

Since we're going from the beginning this is an ideal opportunity to get in and play without being out of your depth. Everyone who has the game is welcome, just show up on the night and get some experience under your belt. It looks like Duck is in it for the long game so you're always going to have at least two people to go hunting with, probably 3 if Blakey decides to get totally invested again.

Come and give it a try and see how you get on. You can't be any worse than Duck was last night. 😜

You can't be any worse than Duck was last night.

I was just letting that Jaggi speak to it's family for one last time. Jeez Sly! Have some compassion eh!

Slightly rusty, I'll get a lot better though. If not you might have to get your mum to cheer me on again. :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, that was funny. You will get better, the only way is up. It was funny listening you struggle with that Jaggi though, you could hear the panic in your voice every time it started to rage. Eventually we'll be out on a hunt and Jaggi will show up and you'll feel sorry for him. It's like, fuck off mate, I'm fighting this 70ft giant angry green pickle and I'll fuck you up in an instant if you try to interupt.

What was the biggest monster you faced off against when you played alone?

I'll join up with you guys whenever I can, can't make 7pm-ish as that's usually when I'm either cooking or eating Dinner, anytime after 9:30/10pm would be fine for me.