passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Life is Strange

Sambob

As much of an awesome game as this is, it's a bit glitchy as fuck in places. Had to do a few bits from the start of the checkpoint because it gets stuck between rewind and skip. Or sometimes you go back to see what the other action would have caused and it just does nothing resulting in another checkpoint reload. Hadnt seen this mentioned anywhere too.

As much as this is obviously meant to be a guy punch of a story, I hope we get to change the end of that episode, don't like at all that you work so hard through to story to make things as they are and then all of a sudden wham out of your hands.

Finished the final episode, wasn't too impressed with it to be honest, far too predictable overall and found the first half of the Episode stop-start and frustrating, the second half was much better and it founds it groove slightly more, went a bit

Batman:Arkham scarecrow

bits as well. In terms of narrative and direction but it was too late to completely save it, I'd say it is better than Ep 2 but not as good as the superb Ep's 3 and 4 in my opinion.

Ep. 5 spoiler:

What did people choose at the end? I sacrificed Chloe to save Arcadia Bay, didn't want to (obviously) but I thought saving the lives of thousands/hundreds of people is far better than saving the life of one.

Yeah a wonderful game all round. It did feel like there was only one real choice when it all came down to it at the end, but I think the way it was all done was fine.

Great stuff from Dontnod, in particular wonderful use of music as you highlight there Blakely.

• 2 months later...

picked this up in the xbox sale the other day, chapters 1 and 2 are a bit slow, but interesting enough, things kick off in chapter 3 and chapter 4 wow, it's really good, looking forward to the last chapter. only just finished chapter 4, going to struggle to get to sleep now. haven't read the thread properly yet because scared of spoilers, but it's going to be interesting to see what people chose and stuff.

I've been waiting for a good sale on this on the PSN and nothing came, so obviously it'll be cheap any day now.

I finished the first chapter only so far. I must've completely missed the memo on what the unique mechanic is in this, I just thought it was an adventure set in an American college.

I'd have to have the game in front of me to detail my choices but I remember that some were pretty different to most people but not the ones I thought would be. I took the option to be nice to one of the bitchier characters which I figured would be the best thing to do but everyone else would go otherwise. Turned out an 80-something percent decision.

I started this today, played 3 episodes, think I'll finish the other 2 tomorrow. I wasn't feeling the soundtrack at first but then there was a Bright Eyes song (might have been a cover of the song), and episode 3 finishes with a bit of Mogwai.

bit annoyed with the end of episode 2.

I seemed to be winning her over then she jumped anyway. I don't mind that I ballsed it up, they've done a good job of tying that in, more how jarring it was. , There's a few times the puzzles either show you some fancy cutscene thing, or show you the individual pieces which means you missed something, it felt like that, too gamey