passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Life is Strange

Sambob

He chose poorly! That often enters my head, as does a daily Simpsons reference.

Regarding Kate:

It's actually easy to not save Kate because not only does it depend on you choosing the right answer, it's entirely possible to miss the clues from her room.

If you think you saw that coming, I can't wait for you to do episode 4.

I'm on episode 4 now ^_^

Just come back from flashpoint. Never fuck with time man :facepalm:

There a big happening this episode then? Oooooooo. My suspicion sense is tingling. 

I already alluded previous I don't think all is as it seems with the main 'nasties' if you will. Too one dimensional to think like that. I'm not sure the writing is clever enough to pull something other than a complete curve ball though. Like when mystery crime shows of old never giving you enough clues to work it out.

Bah, I'll know more tomorrow :ph34r:

Spoiler

You mean the euthanasia? I just took that as a not a big deal being that it's now technically not happened and no consequence will arise.

Still the decision itself was a weighty one. I chose no. In context I'm someone who's just literally walked back into her life whilst her parents have been doing so much for her. It wasn't Max's action to take in my eyes.

I chose the opposite.

I found that bit to be really a tough going section, and massive props to the devs for actually going there.

In retrospect, it's obvious that it was a temporary shift, but at the time I didn't know that and thought giving her final wish was all I could do.

When she got back, I thought she should've told Chloe straight away, "look, your dad dying was terrible, but I've seen what happens if he survives and you don't want that."

Maybe she still will.

At this stage (with Chloe about to enter the school) I wonder what (if any) difference my decision will do to things.

Spoiler

I dunno. Telling someone you can alter the past, especially when they're still carrying baggage about it throws up more problems. Im not one for altering the past either. Not that far back anyway.

I get why someone might want to tell her. To be honest the whole thing felt like it was put in just for us to have a heavy decision to make, one which I feel is a bit fake. Could've been a dream for all it's served and didn't really affect the main narrative in anyway. Yet. 

In that timeline though the weather and Rachel Amber were still the same. Hmmm. 

Spoiler

Okay. Wierd. I'm in a bunker in episode four which looks like Nathan's place. Except there's a bottle of whiskey on the table that I'm sure I saw the principal swigging on. It's probably just a popular or regular in-game brand. Or is it? :o

You're just ahead of me I think. Had a run in with the drug dealer....

Initially I got him and his dog shot and I think it was a possible outcome that I could've walked away and let that be that, but I rewound and had a better outcome for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished episode 4.

So now all the spoilers I had inadvertently learnt have now passed, regarding where one of the characters is and who is responsible for doing "stuff".

No great surprise, considering every episode ends that way, but shocking bummer of an ending. I hope it all wraps up nicely and explains a lot.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I havent read any of the comments yet as I dont want to accidently spoil anything for myself but a quick glance showed most people seem to like it. I like what the game is trying to do but all the characters are fucking terrible. I hate the way all the kids speak, I guess it's cos I'm so old right? Or is it the developers trying to be cool kids? I heard "Chillax" twice and "hella" 50,000 times. And they shoehorned in epic win and something about a fail too, its so fucking facepalm.

I'm playing episode 2 currently and it's not as good as episode 1 in my opinion. The part where your're looking for bottles has no place in the game at all, then the bit where you get Chloe to shoot them is terrible as well, just a complete waste of time and a stupid test of Max's powers. I liked how epsiode 1 felt contained, obviously episode 2 has you in areas but they are a little more sprawling and I don't like it as much.

I hope it gets better.

The characters and writing gets much better. The ending of episode 2 goes places. The ending of episode 3 even more so.

Even the most annoying characters by the end have much more depth and you don't want to punch them in the face so much, mainly thinking of the short-haired rich bitch.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

The characters and writing gets much better. The ending of episode 2 goes places.

It did indeed go places but I didn't think it was great.

The conversation with Kate Marsh jumps back and forth depending on your desicions in the episode. One minute she's reponding positively to something you say, the next minute she's snapping at you like nothing you said two seconds ago mattered at all, despite it seeming like it was gonna make her stand down

I am enjoying the game, it's just annoyingly angsty and it feels badly stitched together at times.

52 minutes ago, illdog said:

It did indeed go places but I didn't think it was great.

Hide contents

The conversation with Kate Marsh jumps back and forth depending on your desicions in the episode. One minute she's reponding positively to something you say, the next minute she's snapping at you like nothing you said two seconds ago mattered at all, despite it seeming like it was gonna make her stand down

I am enjoying the game, it's just annoyingly angsty and it feels badly stitched together at times.

Spoiler

To somebody considering jumping off a building - 'Look bitch, I know you are going through some stuff right now, but one minute you are positive and the next you are negative and its making things really difficult for me'

Also, you are annoyingly angsty and badly stitched together HEY OHHHH