passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Life is Strange

Sambob

finished this earlier, really enjoyed it, the story was great with the twists and stuff, some of the choices you make i just put the controller down for a bit to think about it, it really got to me. really liked the music too. some of the writing might be a bit sappy at times and maybe a bit slow in places but they're only small things and didn't detract much/at all.

at the end i saved chloe because i wasn't fully convinced picking the alternative would stop the storm - but i reloaded it and had a look at the other ending too (only way to check) and it did so i might have gone for that, it does quite specifically say that you can sacrifice/save the town but i still didn't fully believe it - don't believe in supernatural stuff like that, but am completely happy with rewind powers :D

earlier bit where you save her dad i knew something was going to go wrong in return, guess that's pretty obvious mind.

i also saved kate, which i assumed would be common, but it seems like it's quite easy for her to die, i might have been annoyed that stuff like that is a bit random if she had died but i think that's one of the only places it doesn't let you rewind to fix it - and even then i guess you can re-load the save to fix it.

it's cool how you can pick a part of a chapter to re-do too.

Really good story. It really does come in to its own in the last couple of episodes

I liked that Max going back to her childhood town, back to places and people she knew in the past is kind of analogous. From experience, going back home can kind of feel like going back in to your memories

• 3 weeks later...

I've played as far as when you get to explore Chloe's house, so a fair chunk of the first episode. I love this game, I wouldn't have a bad thing to say about it. It feels like...Garden State meets The Longest Journey. I guess we can thank the success of Telltale's The Walking Dead. I'm not sure if Square-Enix contributed funding to this project, but I'm assuming they did because of the licensed music. Funny to see Jose Gonzalez make another appearance in a game...not quite as memorable as Red Dead Redemption though, although the soundtrack in this game is excellent. Santa Monica Dream by Angus and Julia Stone was another nice inclusion. I'm all for experimental adventure games like Gone Home and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter but this game hits the sweet spot for me.

Just finished episode 2. Some pretty bleak moments.

The choice at the end, I wasn't sure if I made the right decision or not.

I initially pointed the finger at the rich nob head but changed my mind as I don't have the proof so rewound time and picked the security guy instead.

The third choice of the teacher felt like the wrong one so I ignored that.

It also seems that I'm one of the few that managed to save Kate, pretty chuffed about that.

Intrigued to see how more of this pans out, I didn't download all the episodes though, not sure if I downloaded the third one or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

In anticipation of the prequel and sequel (and more playing when it's free this week), I've started from scratch with a view to get all the trophies. Luckily, none are spoiler-tastic, they're all finishing episodes and getting all the optional photos, which you can do with a guide that won't spoil the story.

On that note, I got as far as the beginning of episode 4 last time but in the meantime I've had two important plot points spoiled for me - the fate of a character and another character's dark secret. 

In the absence of Twin Peaks, this is a pretty good substitute.

I'm almost at the same point I stopped last time, part way through episode 4. At the bit where "stuff has changed" again.

The end of episode 3 and the beginning of episode 4 I think are the most shocking and emotional moments I've ever had in a game. There's certainly some laying on a bit too thick stuff, but man, if it doesn't get you, you're a cold hearted fuck.

Done the first two episodes of Life is Strange. I'm kinda regretting not holding off on tales of Borderlands and doing that after. This is obviously a very good game but can be quite depressing and frustrating dealing with real and sombre issues. I'm more of a cheeky, silly, fantasy, adventure type. Better to have something to cheer me up after ya know. But it's early I've got three more episodes.

I'm probably not the first to feel a longest Journey vibe. I like the time effect in relation to conversation puzzles but not so much in the heavy burden of tough choices. Kinda takes that away when you can just do over, but that's a small personal issue. 

Story is good if a little predictable (for now).

Spoiler

I could see Kate's suicide attempt a mile off and it can be frustrating sometimes in these games not having the option to say what you want to try to head off the outcome :lol: I saved her though. The percentage at the end showed not all did. Not sure if that's because it's genuinely hard to, or they didn't want to.

I'm already feeling slightly ashamed of some judgements made on certain Characters. Not that I think I'm wrong in judging what they've done, but more they may not be fully what I concluded them to be. 

Episode 3 tomorrow.