passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Life is Strange

Sambob

Well, ive installed it, and my poor little surface is sort of struggling to play it. Unless the main character saying every line is part of the story....

Looks good though, going to have a play around with the setting and see what we can do, more details when I get a chance to play it properly.

Music in this game is absolutely lovely so far, im really liking the game from the brief 20 minutes.

EDIT: Changed Resolution, and everybody is happy now. Was trying to run it at 2160 x 1440, looks lovely now.

So just finished episode 1...annnnnnd it's good.

The story, characters/voice acting are nicely done. But what surprised me is how dark the story got especially towards the end. It touched on some subjects I don't think I've seen in a game before.

As Sam said the soundtrack is good. With the highlight of the episode for me involving a music part in Max's bedroom. Soooo good!

Was a nice surprise this. I'm excited to play the next Ep in March.

I've just finished playing through the first episode. It's good to see another developer trying to take on Telltale and succeeding.

The soundtrack is wonderful, really makes the game for me. Rewind mechanic is a nice twist to the regular story telling formula, allowing you to go back and prevent/make things happen, and changing your moral decisions. It really makes you think hard about what you've said.

Collectibles were fun as well, taking photos of certain things that are detailed in your notebook.

Question for anyone thats finished it...

Did you notice that the song that Max plays on her guitar in her dorm room is the same thats on her hi fi? (Crosses by Jose Gonalez)

and you can make her to play along with to it? :)

• 1 month later...
Really enjoyed Episode 1, I finished Episode 2 a few nights ago and it just didn't feel as good to me.

Everything came together gracefully in the first episode, there was a narrative arc of
Spoiler

Max finding her way through school and eventually culminating in meeting Chloe towards the end

but there was none of this here.

Just felt like a typical filler episode really, where choices will be made that will have later ramifications further down the line, although there was one event at the end of the Episode that redeems it slightly, it just couldn't stop the feeling of malaise permeating my thoughts throughout my playthrough.

Also noticed the writing was pretty poor at points during this episode and some of the Indie elements (songs, mood, lighting etc.) felt a bit forced and crammed in where in Episode 1 they ebbed and flowed together perfectly, fingers crossed Episode 3 will be better.

My choices for Ep. 2 were:

Spoiler

Told Kate to wait for proof,

Answered Kate's call,

Didn't try to shoot Frank,

Couldn't save Kate,

Blamed Nathan.

• 1 month later...

Life is Strange's third episode, Chaos Theory, will launch next Tuesday, 19th May.

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD.
Developer Dontnod has issued a couple of hints about the upcoming chapter, including that main character Max will discover a new use for her time-warping powers.
Meanwhile, Max and Chloe will together close in on the mystery of missing student Rachel Amber. The two are pictured breaking into Blackwell Academy at night in the first official screenshot, below.
Eurogamer is waiting until the full season of Life is Strange is released before publishing its review, but after two episodes the sci-fi teen adventure has already made a sizeable impression and earned itself a loyal fan following.
A mix of Donnie Darko drama and Twin Peaks oddities, the tightly-plotted choose-your-own adventure gameplay has thrown up some unexpected surprises - and an emotional finale at end of the last episode.
Chaos Theory marks the midpoint of the season. Following that, two more episodes will launch over the next few months to wrap up the tale.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-13-life-is-strange-episode-3-release-date

• 4 weeks later...
Just finished Ep. 3

Something about the 2nd episode just didn't click with me for whatever reason, it just felt like a filler episode to a TV series that you'd see where nothing really happens but they just further the narrative on to set up certain events and the next set of Episodes, fortunately Episode 3 is exponentially better than Episode 2.

The pace of this Episode feels much more focused, from the first moment of the game you feel like you're involved, like there is something you're driving forward towards, there is not a lot of dawdling in the episode, you still explore environments like in the previous episodes, but everything feels more critical in this episode, like time is against you and the tide is starting to turn.

The pace just doesn't let up and the Episode flies by, the episode changes the formula quite a lot, as there is a moment in there that is like nothing else from the previous episodes, and extremely unexpected and completely turns the series on its head with some incredible revelations and puts some incredible gravity to the choices you've made throughout the game.

Everything feels subtler as well, the Indie music and vibe is there but its resigned to the background for the most part, with only one prominent song featuring throughout. There's more of an eerie, volatile atmosphere to proceedings and the town of Arcadia Bay as a whole that permeates the episode and makes you think that things are now getting very real.

A fantastic Episode, absolutely cannot wait for the 4th to come out now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished off Episode 4 (Dark Room) today, another phenomenal Episode I must say, has got progressively better since its gone on I think, only Episode I've not really liked was Ep. 2. Ep's 1, 3 and 4 have been amazing.

Here's my choices for Ep.4:

t5h89nGl.jpg

HYDkriQl.jpg

Absolutely cannot wait for Ep. 5 to come out now!