passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Duck

2 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I can’t actually remember hardly anything of the story from the OG Trilogy, I very vaguely remember a bit of Reach, nothing of 4 and a little bit from 5. 

You’re a guy fighting aliens and while fighting them you find a big space hula hoop. On the hula hoop it turns out there are even worse aliens which you can blow up but it will mean you also blow everything up. After a lot of shooting you find there’s another hula hoop further away that you can use to blow up everyone except you. Good. Except you get lost in space. Not good. But everyone is fine so you go asleep until the sequel where you wake up to a hula hoop planet and you’re like ahh shit

5 hours ago, spatular said:

I thought the reach dlc was on gamepass, if bellow has gamepass, but i might be wrong

I'll have another look, but when I tried to download it it took me to the shop. It was only about a fiver, mind.

So I've come across a new foe, the flood, aptly named since they seem to just want to run over you like a high tide. And there's an exploding one - which they definitely tipped a hat to over at bioware when they were doing mass effect. 

Luckily I've got myself the shotgun which, like most of the other weapons in this, does far more damage with more accuracy than you have a right to expect. Boom.

I'm making my way thru a library with no books, holding onto the coat tails of a new little AI companion. Hope he last longer than my marine companions, who like nothing better than jumping in front of my guns and getting their heads blown off.

Master chief?

Master cunt, I says.

In Splatoon all you have to do is be able to shoot the floor 😂

It doesn’t matter standing in front of me wouldn’t help. I’m getting fucked from all angles with a side of sauce

Unless you’re willing to clone yourself two more times and a get a couple extra Xboxes 

3 hours ago, bellow said:

I'll have another look, but when I tried to download it it took me to the shop. It was only about a fiver, mind.

i had a quick look and for me it says it's included with gamepass on this page: 

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/halo-reach/9nlgw5mxwkj6 

but yeah i can totally believe it's being odd and trying to make you pay, maybe try getting it from that link or through the shop directly rather than going through the game?

Maybe your right. When I pressed it it said included with gamepass. Doesn't seem to want to download, tho.

Any I've beaten the library, and it turned out the little AI module was trying to deal with the flood in his 'own' way. Namely the destruction of all life in the universe. Fair enough, I suppose. AI tend to see things differently.

@bellow if you not got time for all the Halo’s before Infinite then after you do Halo 1 do Halo 3 then after Halo 3 do Halo ODST and you’re good. 

In fact in Halo ODST you only need to play enough to hear the jazz song and you can turn it off.

Probably doable before Infinite Campaign comes out 

If he plays only those games before Infinite he'd have played every game that doesn't matter for Infinite's storyline. Plus ODST is kind of poop IMO.

Not playing Halo 4 would be travesty, narratively that game has such a good campaign it's not even close to 3 and ODST. Reach can kind of keep up but is also sort of a standalone experience you can play whenever you want instead of as preparation for Infinite.

Nah, I'll never get up to speed on the 4, 5, infinite storyline. I'll have to read a synopsis if I want to play it on release. But it's not like it's Dune, or anything. It's just shooting things on rings😃

I do love playing it tho, and hopefully will see out all the main games like I did with Gears. (I still need to play that side game. Atonement, is it?