passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Duck

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to recind some negative comments I've made about Halo 4 in the past, I'm very much enjoying the campaign at the moment, actually more so than I did Halo 3 which is not something I'd ever though i would think.

So, since the Master Chief collection came out ive played it on and off, I think I've banged about 100 hours in to it so far since , mainly on Halo 2, 3 and 4 single player campaign but ive played a few hours online on Halo 2. Currently, and the reason for my new Halo 4 love-in is Speed Running. Man it's an addictive process. Ive been using the Nak3dEli and ProAceJoker guides to zip through the campaign on Legendary Solo and some of the skips are impressive, people have spent a fuck ton of time playing these levels over and over and have found some really clever short cuts.

Like Reclaimer. You play this on Easy and its a good 45 minutes first run though. This video is on Legendary and takes 12 minutes. Have a watch:

Ive actually done some of the levels a couple of times, once I got my head round the ways through the levels, what to run past, whom to shoot that will cause you trouble later, Ive gone back to try and shave a couple of minutes off. After blazing through on Legendary, if you switch it to Easy you can piss through it.

It reminds me of shit I used to do as a kid, spending a nice bit of time with one game in particuar and getting good at it. This is me pwning the first actual fight in Forerunner on Legendary:

http://www.trueachievements.com/gameclip.aspx?clipid=18509872

It doesnt look much but that is a hard fight and took 30 of 40 attempts before I pulled it off perfectly.

I have to recind some negative comments I've made about Halo 4 in the past, I'm very much enjoying the campaign at the moment, actually more so than I did Halo 3 which is not something I'd ever though i would think.

I guess when you look past all the bugs that took ages to be patched out, the imbalanced multi player, the fact that they tried to palm off the half finished spartan-ops as time-locked content, the lack of multi-player levels, the flimsy plot, the countless holes in the scenery across most of the levels, the awful space-ship levels, the AI on legendary didn't play smarter they just turned into bullet sponges, the crappy quick-time events and the wet-fart of an ending.

yes, I guess halo 4 is ok-ish. :wub:

No, the Flood run mindlessly at you with a mob mentality which I find to be way more annoying. :)

but that made them piss-easy to kite across the level, you could use it against them, run them into crossfire or grenades.

Yeah,and the plot was mostly gibberish. Multiplayer was fun though.

multi player was a re-hash of 3/reach, and while it was fun, I got tired of endlessly playing valhalla.

I suppose we all played it before 4.

I started it yesterday, just put it on Normal as I wanted to enjoy it without any struggle. The tone of the game is just as I remember, dark and lonely. I actually like the fact you're not a bad ass spartan, forces you to tackle everything from a much more defensive angle. It's the fights you've done a million times, you forget sometimes and just dive in and get your ass thoroughly handed to you.

I forgot that Virgil points you towards the audio logs using the car lighs, posters and bollards on the road - that's such a great touch.

Speaking of audio logs... these are the best example of logs telling a story I give a fuck about. Only Bioshock can rival them but they weren't a continuous story like these.