passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Duck

Latest patch is a big improvement so far, had 4 games with 3 of us in a party, all found pretty quick, one failed to load mind so still not totally fixed, but loads better than it has been. Main problem was people picking crap gametypes. Last game, slayer on the pit, was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans

Last month, I promised the Halo and Xbox community that addressing the matchmaking issues and other bugs impacting players’ experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection was our #1 priority. We’ve been working around the clock deploying weekly content updates and numerous server-side adjustments that have shown good results and we’re encouraged by the feedback we’re hearing from you. Another big hurdle was overcome when we added fan-favorite playlists, such as SWAT and Halo: CE, back to our matchmaking menu and we plan to add more soon. Next week, we’ll release a content update that will add all 10 episodes of the cooperative experience “Spartan Ops” for Halo 4, and will address other issues. I assure you that the team will continue to work on additional content updates to further improve the all-up gameplay experience.

This has been a humbling experience and highlighted how we as a studio can – and need – to do better for Xbox fans around the world. We are so grateful to our fans who have stood by our side and we appreciate all of your patience as we worked through these issues. As a token of our appreciation and to thank fans for the continued support and understanding, we will be offering the following items, for free, to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection online since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).*

• 1 Month of Xbox Live Gold
  • Exclusive In-Game Nameplate
  • Exclusive In-Game Avatar

* For specifics on eligibility and further details on the offer, visit the FAQ at:https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-thank-you-faq

Additionally, you’ve told us that you want more Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer map content and Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. As a future bonus, we’re going to make these happen and give them to you for free. We are just now starting work with our partners to bring both toHalo: The Master Chief Collection and will share more specific details on timing in the coming months. But for now, here’s what you can expect:

• Halo 3: ODST CampaignDevelopment has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.
  • “Relic” Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer Map Available via a free content update to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we will reimagine the fan-favorite map “Relic,” fully remastered and running at 1080p resolution and 60fps. We chose this map based on its suitability for Slayer and Objective modes and its ability to support teams of varying sizes. And you can trust that Certain Affinity will tune and tweak the map to make it even better than you remember.

The satisfaction and joy of our fans is absolutely critical to everyone at 343 Industries and we regret the issues and the frustration you have endured. We are truly sorry and thank you for your continued patience and support of the Halo franchise.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Ross
Head of 343 Industries

That's some hefty apologising there. Hopefully it fucks up more so they end up putting Reach in. :lol:

You downloaded the first update though right. I think that'll count as some sort of server activity.

I liked ODST a lot though. It's firefight stuff was fun too. i hope they put that in.

But the matchmaking is still far far too slow. Expecting me to wait 3/4 mins to get a full lobby doesn't really cut it these days...

Ive been chipping away at Halo 2 CE. I'm surprised how little I remember of it, it's basically been like a new game for me. The more you get in to the campaign the better it gets, the first couple of levels were awful but it really picks up after that, it's almost like a different game now.

Ive had a quick goosey at some of the level specific achievements so as to add a little more spice to the levels, achievements work well in games like this. For example completing Delta Halo without entering a vehicle on Heroic difficulty above - it just made yet another vehicle level a bit more of a challenge than just point and shoot with a Scorpion. Lots of hiding, a bit of luck (especially when I had four elites on Banshee's chasing me) and a bit of skill later it was done but I enjoyed it.

Just finished the level Gravemind which I think must be one of the biggest Halo levels ive ever played and it was difficult in places too. 4 Elites, 2 Hunters, a Plasma Cannon and a few grunt with Needlers on a thinnish walkway was a bit of cunt. The whole thing took well over an hour. I think i'm three levels from the end.

This game is hard on Heroic. Fucking hard. Just done "Uprising", fuck me what a cunt of a level. I died 7 billiion times, the accuracy of both enemy weapons and grenades were ridiculous. To make it worse the Arbiter is a massive pussy, every weapon he touches gets insta-nerfed in to a sponge shooting vegetable.

Two levels left, one being that shit boss fight I can barely remember.

After playing the other Halo games, going back to the original shows it to be repetative and dull.

Just finished Halo 2, the boss wasnt as I remembered it at all. What I am having fun with is wacking it up to Legendary, turning on the Scarab skull and wading through each level like a God. Im having fun with the achievements as well, havent bothered with them all year but they really feel part of this game, there's so much to find (but you need videos - try finding one of the toys on your own) and as Ive said before, some of the level specific challenges are awesome.

The thing with Halo 1 is know when you need to fight, and when you can just breeze on through. There was an awful lot of backtracking in halo:CE, go somewhere, grab the McGuffin, and take it back to where you were.

I remember there's one level, where you can jump off a bridge and skip about 2/3rds of the level provided you can stick the landing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i better fucking get that.

I have to say again, it's really worth going back through Halo 2 at some point on Legendary with the Scarab skull on and look for all the toys and skulls (with a video guide, find even one toy without one, i dare you).

The scarab gun is Halos version of Dooms BFG but in ammunition only, the guns themselves are the same as you would normally pick up but they all fire scarab bolts which cause massive explosions on impact and basically fuck every thing up in an instant. This makes the majority of the game a fucking cake BUT... it brings its own set of problems due to the size of the blast radius. The flood cause particular problems as they run at you, unleash a scarab lick at them whilst they're too close to you and it's games over. You can also turn the Sputnik skull on to increase blast radius further, that's how I played it.

But yea, toys and skulls. I've no idea how anybody ever found 90% of them. They are hidden in the most obscure places, a lot of them requiring you to 'break' the game, wondering around in scenery the player shouldn't really be and cant always get back from. I really enjoyed exploring the game this way, it made Halo 2 a lot more fun than it actually is. Final boss is a massive cunt on Legendary even with all the shit turned on.

• 5 weeks later...