passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Duck

5 hours ago, bellow said:

You do recall that the chief was stuck in deep freeze at the end of 3.

Doing it that way might be considered impolite.

Chief needs his beauty sleep, do Reach then continue with the mainline games.

And please, for the love of God, ignore Blakey.

On 18/01/2022 at 14:45, Nag said:

And please, for the love of God, ignore Blakey.

Please, for the love of God, ignore Nag. 

Halo 4 is basically 10 hours of going up a continuous staircase, fighting boring robotic enemies and fighting the same boss about 4 times.

My favourite part of Halo 4 is the bit where they teleport to you randomly and one shot you. The most annoying thing is that they're such bullet sponges that you actually want them to do it so you can shotgun blast them in the face for the easier kill.

Halo 4 isn't very good. It's not awful, but it's certainly not up to par with the rest of the games.

As far as I know bellow plays on normal so they shouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

Anyway, I'll let him make his own mind up if he plays the game... in my opinion it's worth it just for the Chief/Cortana story.

Looking back on it, 4 (2 not withstanding as I never finished in Legendary) was the hardest to solo Legendary because the new bad guys were so fucking tanky on top of being able to heal.

Sure the other ones had bullshit in them as well, like getting rockets to the face as soon as you walked around corners, or filling rooms with invisible Elites and making the only way out possible by executing and then running away because stepping out to fight was a 1 way trip into plasma fire that killed you instantly.

Halo 4's guys are just so strong, even when you hit the weak points they're formidable to the point of being boring to fight, especially when you're poking them from miles away. I've said it before, but I prefer the Flood over the things in 4. They are not fun.

The way I see it is you have the Elites who are tactically very sound and try to keep you at a distance, the Brutes which rage up after ditching tactics and the Flood who most run at you suicide style. They all combine to have this really nice variable texture.

The robots or whatever the fuck they have tactics, but they also just entrench in so hard that removing them involves shooting every fucking bullet you can lay your hands on. I think every weapons that dropped ended up dry on my run. Some of them could stand out in the open and still be OP, so allowing them all the other stuff they could do seemed a tad unfair.

15 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Please, for the love of God, ignore Nag. 

Halo 4 is basically 10 hours of going up a continuous staircase, fighting boring robotic enemies and fighting the same boss about 4 times.

You're just making stuff up now, Halo 4 doesn't even have bosses.