passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 2

spatular

Really looking forward to this so downloaded the demo- there's a race/drive to the festival thing which was ok. the first proper race i didn't really like - it's like a free roaming/offroad race between checkpoints which was hard to follow where you're supposed to be going (map was useless) guess it'll be better when you know the track, and to be fair it was at least a bit different. the second was more like a proper track race which was cool. there's a speed challenge thing, and a final race against a airplane display team - which is basically a time trial with some planes flying about - which is also pretty cool. only had a quick go of each so it's a bit early to judge anything about the handling... but it seemed pretty good fun with the faster cars - the slower car was a bit boring but i guess that's the idea with it being the first car you get.

it looks really nice, very smooth, and nice scenery, nice rain effects.

also you can play a bit online in the demo - not sure what mode is available online.

tuning is in too, but i wish it wasn't.

Anyone else give it a try?

Yeah, It looks good in Forza too!!

localmotorsrallyfighters_wm_carreveal_we

Also, I saw Forza Horizon 2 has two passes a Season Pass for around $30 and a VIP pass for around $20. Man, talk about a money grab. I want the game, but to get the full experience you'll need to shell out $109.97 and I'm not sure if I'm that big of a Forza fan for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after ranting about Microsoft's money grab I gave them my money. I'm hoping some of the VIP cars and Season Pass cars are of the rally or SUV/Truck type. Also, read a rumor that California and Australia will be DLC add-ons at some point, which would be great for some SUV/Tuck or Rally action. If the DLC rumor is true hopefully they are include in the VIP or Season pass.

:D Also, I'm now following you on Xbox One spatular, so I can race your Drivatar in Horzion 2.

Fantastic game! tutorial is a bit long, but if helps you through the ins and outs of the game. You start off with three choices BMW Z4 sDrive35is, Chevy Camaro SS Coupe or the Toyota Supra RZ. I choose the Supra RZ mainly because I grew up around the Supra and I'm a massive fan of the beast from the east.

My only negs so far is that every one in the game looks like a Abercrombie & Fitch model. Not say Microsoft and Turn 10 dislike chubby people or anything, but it would have been nice to see a beer gut or two. Also, it would have been nice if they had a classical radio station in the game.

I just got done playing the demo. I'll tell you this, if this is the worst game out of The Crew and Driveclub, then I'm not going to complain one bit, it's fast, immediate and hella fun. The rallying especially felt really nice, it's been a while since I played a rally game where the cars felt right, but it seems like they got it down to a fine art here. It's some of the best drifting I've seen since forever.

So yeah, fun. I'm going to try and get some time in with the other contenders I mentioned in the opening sentence, but I know that if they turn out a bit poop then there's always this.

Played a bit of this, I like it. Handling and force feedback with the wheel is really good, had to change the handling to sim and force feedback up to the max. Not sure I like the structure though, I probably had the same problem with the first one, I don't really want to drive round to each race.

Online, as mentioned above, seems odd having to drive to the start of each race, although when you know the map better I could see it being fun in a midtown madness sort of way.

The graphics are really nice, there's great variety in scenery and interesting places, although it doesn't look real, it's more like a sega blue skies version of reality which I really like.

The off-road races are a bit hard to work out where you need to go sometimes, but they are pretty fun if you have a few goes to learn the layout. Hope there are more enclosed tracks like the first game.

The bucket list challenges are mostly cool, but a few I didn't really like, but it keeps it interesting having to do stuff like drive cross country, or do some jumps or something I guess.

Got shed loads of credits from forza rewards. And was gifted one of those rally fighters cars - not sure why.

cheers, i'll check that out.

played this some more today, i really like it still but am a bit disapointed the direction it seems to have gone in from the first game - basically more open tracks/cross country races and less enclosed tracks - although it seems like there is a lot of content hidden away so hopefully ive missed some nice tracks. not to say the more open tracks aren't fun, they are. and i'll definitely enjoy it more when i'm onto timetrials/rivals section anyway - trying to get the main game finished first though.