passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Uncle Dokuro

Dokuro is a puzzle platform game from Game Arts and GungHo Online. The basic plot is the Dark Lord kidnaps a princess for him to marry (by force). You play as Dokuro who is one of the Dark Lords skeleton minions. Dokuro sees the princess crying and seeing as he is tired of being ignored by the Dark Lord decides to help her escape the Dark Lords castle.

The gameplay revolves around flipping switches to guide the princess out of the level unharmed. The game play gets more complex adding chalk, which can be used to connect platforms with chain and rope. Dokuro can also drink potion which turns him into a knight giving him stronger attacks. After five levels you have a boss fight before moving onto the next section of the castle.

I would put Dokuro up there with Limbo as one of the more beautiful games on Vita. In fact if you liked Limbo I would strongly recommend Dokuro. The graphical style has a chalk or pastel look to it. Dokuro is also one of the better made games on the device with the gameplay being as solid as a brick. It was only $2.99 on the PlayStation store and it should be in every Vita owners digital library.

For non-Vita owners Dokuro has been ported by GungHo to iOS and Android, but without physical face buttons and d-pad I’m not sure how it will play.