passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Stick It To The Man

Jimboxy

I gots to tell you, I really don't like this game. It's really humourless and annoying. The controls are all nice and I've had no issues with the platforming but the script is boring and flat. I just want to smack his stupid face.

I started this on Friday. Just seems like an average platformer to me. It does seem to try REALLY hard to be funny, which could be detracting from the experience as a whole. I do like the fact that reading someone's mind plays through the Dualshock controller though.

Other than that, meh. I preferred Contrast.

Yeah, I've not laughed yet, it's trying way too hard to be "ooh, I'm zany!"

Not sure if I'll bother much more. It'll go the way of Merc Kings at this rate, that was a right let down. "it's inspired by Metal Slug!". Is it fuck, even MS1 was more fun than that bollocks.

• 3 weeks later...

I played this last night. It's trying way too hard to be funny.

The logic behind the puzzles as well. I'm not even going to spoiler this because it's so fucking stupid.

Guy wants to talk to his dead father. Medium is in building across way. You need to put Helium in a clowns breather, put a target on the floating clown, shoot the floating clown by using f a fire sticker to fire a cannon. This allows you to get glue, you put glue on trampoline and rips a wrestler's legs off. You use the legs on a ghost that's pestering the medium. The medium takes off the turban and you give that to the start guy so he can talk to his dad. Steal smile from clown for happy ending.

LOGIC! THIS GAME HAS NONE!

Yeah that's about as far as I got before deleting it. I'm not great with that kind of puzzle shit at the best of times. Constantly pissing about with the guards doesn't help. And I just didn't find it funny.

It was free, so I shouldn't complain. But in the words of Mr Horse, "No sir, I don't like it".

It picks up a bit, but there's still very little game here. The areas where you get chased are guff as well.

The actual concept of this could be really good though, I mean if they strip out the current humour and replace it with something like Vic and Bob, Monty Python or Mighty Boosh it'd make more sense. Either that or give the idea to Schafers lot who can actually write funny game stuff.

Footnote. The trophies are dead easy if you're into stuff like that, often the stuff you see before they unlock is the strongest content too. Not that it's unmissable, but normally the punchline will put a smile on your face.

I played this last night. It's trying way too hard to be funny.

The logic behind the puzzles as well. I'm not even going to spoiler this because it's so fucking stupid.

Guy wants to talk to his dead father. Medium is in building across way. You need to put Helium in a clowns breather, put a target on the floating clown, shoot the floating clown by using f a fire sticker to fire a cannon. This allows you to get glue, you put glue on trampoline and rips a wrestler's legs off. You use the legs on a ghost that's pestering the medium. The medium takes off the turban and you give that to the start guy so he can talk to his dad. Steal smile from clown for happy ending.

LOGIC! THIS GAME HAS NONE!

Tbf on the game which I hate, but for balance, that's how you get to the end result for that guy but only by completing the smaller objectives mentioned in between which when you read their minds it's not such a huge gulf between logic. But yeah, still pretty shit.

Seriously it gets no better. It's very rare where you actually get an item and know instinctively where to use it, I reckon bar a few instances the games logic is just you banging square pegs in round holes until something fits. They're not really puzzles at all, they are processes of elimination.

It gets my vote. If I'd paid for it I would have been gutted.

I've certainly played far worse on other consoles. But to me it's joyless. I gave it a good 2 hours. But the humor is like the guy that tries too hard at parties. Instead of being genuinely funny, you think "god, fuck off mate". And the 'combat' is just a chore. Hearing the same quote from the guard over and over again was not fun.

Stick It To The Man? Stick It Up Your Arse more like.

The combat phases are some of the worst things I've played in the recent months. At least when you've got past them once you rarely need to do them again, you can use the fast travel pipe to get around them. It's like the people making he game knew that part of the game was shit, but instead of removing it they just made it so that you only needed to do them once.

• 2 months later...