Duck

Battlefield : MFG Platoon

Duck you fucking beauty, completely dominated in that game on shanghai seige, pivotal in turning around what looked like a certain defeat at one point. Basically went around all game not only saving my ass but also destroying the other team. Got my assault acheivement too wooty doo.

Also got my first ever 1st place on that lockdown map, score of about 7800. Tons of revives, heals and assists mainly. At the start of this game, and still now, I think I really underrated the power of healing and revives in this game, keeping people alive and bringing them back is vital to keep up any momentum your team is building, and on certain maps that is the difference between winning and losing.

Really jonesing for this game, its so much more than an fps when played right.

I couldn't get in your squad, ended up on the other team so took the commander role to practice a bit. It's not too bad, but aiming the cruise missile is fiddly as fuck, it constantly magnetizes to troops instead of letting you ask to drop it and then free aim it. Despite telling squads to cover 3 flags and keep you pinned at the middle I had folks going rogue and doing what they wanted. Silly buggers.

I am getting slightly fed up of the lack of mics. I don't know if it's the PS4 that doesn't make things clear on which channel you are using or what, but no fucker talks. I was trying to talk to Duck in the Lancang Dam map and getting nowhere. I feel like I'm wasting my time even wearing a headset.

I was just following you about Sam and supporting for most of the match. Did some transporting in the heli and chasing folk with the tank too.

I know sly has said it a few times. But guys, try and get your headsets/mics sorted out. It's makes working in the squad 10x easier making it more fun. There's been few times where a squad mate has been dropped up ahead and are left to guess where he is. If a dropped person has a mic they just describe where he is on the kill cam. Squad know where he is...boom dead.

We just need to play some more together. A lot of what made the BC2 platoon so good was everyone basically knew how everyone played and slotted into roles. Think we'll start to dominate a lot more when that happens.

I cant figure out what mics work and which dont. I found a pair of headphones that seemed to work, tested them by recording a voice message to sly and playing it back, but then in game I couldnt hear or say anything. I switched to another pair and that seemed to recognise I had a mic because the little symbol was going off but nobody seemed able to hear me.

Ah thats where you were Sly. Every time I went on a roof I got cruise missled by you and I was wondering how the fuck youd got cruise missles. I was like 'im going to fucking find him' but couldnt, should have realised the cruise missle was a commander perk. A few times i feel like I should have avoided the cruise missle because I got into an elevator or off the roof but if it locks on then that explains it, because it sort of freezes you out whilst the game decides 'you are going to be hit by this fucking missle'.

its a bit confusing like Sly says as to which channel you are on etc. Tempted to just find the bundled headphones and try them, surely they must work.

I have a Turtle Beach adapter, brand new. I bought one to use with my old X31s, but never used it as I bought the Sony Wireless 2.0 headset.

The last 2 packs look mental. Wtf was that robot thing in last stand?

Been a busy week for me but I'll be on tonight for a while if folk are about? Also what times/days are best for you retroed? Get involved man!

I dunno, I haven't been on any consoles other than my 3DS for a while now as I've been busy. When I do go on, it's normally fairly late as I don't get home from work until 22:30.

I might come on for a bit tonight, but will be ropey if I do.

Do you have a pc monitor that you can hook it up to Sly?

Might be on tonight, not entirely sure, been hammering it this week so I dont know.

I could, but I'd have to go without sound if I did. Depending on what's happening this week I'll go get a replacement.

HDMI ports dead. This last week I've had access to the living room tv, although getting it now will be really patchy.

I'm not even going to try that, I get angry enough playing with a £50 pad, never mind a £100+ console that can be thrown and broken. :P

Felt like we haven't played in ages. Should be about around 7/8ish if anyone is keen?

Im hopefully going to be watching Xmen tonight at that time so wont be able to make it, I might be on later or over the weekend. Im teh leet sniper now so watch the fuck out.