Duck

Battlefield : MFG Platoon

That map is by far the worst in any multi fps I've ever played. I don't get what they were thinking.

Aye, that and the icy prison map are fucking insane. The one that the dry dock that's full on one of the naval maps is similar in that you have scores of people all fighting around a dogleg to a point where where everytime you move a tiny bit forward you can't retreat because there's always someone behind you trying to peek out and throw a grenade. It's lunacy.

Aye, the PS4 headset that comes bundled in is fucking useless. I know Ed got some of those big cans that do voice and gameplay sound but I just want one that'll push your lots sexy voices into my ear and let me swear at people that kill me. Like a good headset should do.

The one I have does all of this. Highly recommended. Sound quality is amazing for the price.

I took the plunge and bought a Turtle Beach one that just does voice. I've got surround sound already, I just want to be able to chat and hear people chatting back without having to keep a peanut M&M in my ear. Also it's worth noting that the included headsets mic is dire. I wanted a headset to use out of the box like when I got my 360, not a torture device that makes people seem further away than they actually are.

Metro could be cool if they had the city level as part of all the map. Not just the start and end.

I might start smoking or flaring the stairs at B so the 32 players standing at the bottom might not see me....

It could do with being a circle map so that there's 2 choke points instead of 1 big one.

It did learn me how to use that support kit grenade launcher though, you can actually hit people behind cover with it. There's a smoke upgrade too, in maps like Metro if you smoke between the place that enemies stand and no mans land, you'd probably be able to push them back. A combo of airburst and smoke burst would really confuse a team.

Similarly if you put a flare on the friendly side against the wall so we can't see it but they could, it'd make it harder for them to shoot and kill us.

I'm surprised how little people use the spotting equipment, on those stairs where we were fighting at B on the left hand side where you revived me and I laid there for about 20 seconds because nobody realised I was alive. Someone with spotting equipment there would really help the cause, especially if someone else had flashbangs, you'd be able to get in there and do some right damage. Unfortunately people tend to forget they're playing a tactical game and it turns into a massive stand off and eventually turns into a meat grinder.

Im desperate to get involved in this, but my PS4 is probably staying at work because I hardly get the time to play it at home. Might try and see if I can make time for one night this week, are you guys basically playing most nights at the moment?

Just say when you can get on and I'll be there, as long as it's a night. I usually get on about 8.

Might take it back with me tonight and have a whirl, will probably be on it at lunchtime actually, as its rainy and im ill and im not going out.

I'll hopefully be on between 8 and 9 depending on what time I get out of work.

Press the touch pad, scroll across to platoons and then look for the MFG crew. Press x on it and the press apply.

I dont have that option and its not on the battlelog website, is it premium or something?

Ah that will be it then, might get premium at some point.

dont really know if I enjoyed that or not, lots of the frustrating side of the game there, terrible spawns and lots of being killed by enemies with 10 health left. A lot of it is probably down to me being quite rusty to be honest, my reflexes were not all that good.

Awesome night when it got started. A few highlights, one being sat on the roof with same protecting the bridge flag and the foyer flag while the opposite building had people sniping at us along with people dropping out of choppers trying to dislodge us. We wasted a lot of their time doing that, time that could have been better spent making sure they had all the other flags.

Fighting over that hotel while parts of it were collapsing off is great fun, trying to knock their side of the building down to deny them access to the flag from their side.

Sam, try not to think about the k/d stuff. Having a high k/d won't win you games, it's all about getting those flags and holding them. There's that many people on the server that you're bound to die a lot unless you sit half a mile away from the action scalping kills from people. Just concentrate on helping others and getting points.

A footnote. Make sure you have your mics, damnit! The game's much easier to play when there's communication going on. :P

Yeah Im not too fussed about K/D, as you said I spent basically a hole match on a roof ensuring that the other team didnt get to do anything at all with their air vehicles, meaning we had total air superiority and that other players spent their time trying to pick us off. Thats one of the reasons I love battlefield because you dont have to worry about K/D but at the same time I was constantly just fractionally losing out in the gunfights and coupled with the occasional disastrous spawn it grates on you. I think I need to change my builds to use some of the unlocked weapons, ive mainly stuck with the starter weapons but with all their augmentations, I think if I up my damage with each weapon then it should solve the problem im having, even though im going to have to get used to the newer guns again.

You've got to remember as well, when you do kill someone in a 1 on 1 the guy's probably cursing himself because you were close to death too.

My biggest peeve is when I spot someone, work him down and he gets away and then seconds later I get a kill assist for 90+ points. I think most of my shooting based points come from assists like that.

I noticed you were playing recon a lot last night. Did you figure out the starting equipment lets engineers lock onto armoured targets? I'm not sure how effective it is, but it's the way I plan on levelling up the recon as I can't snipe for shit.

Yeah I posted that in the BF4 main thread in Games. Ive unlocked 2 sniper rifles past the one im one, but they are actually weaker. The main draw for them is that they are bolt action, which my early one isnt, but I spent fucking ages levelling that rifle so that it unlocks bolt action and straight pull, so I dont need to exit the zoom to reload it. Im going to spend more time figuring out the ranging etc for it. I also want to spend a bit of time on the support build so that I can unlock shotgun which is really useful for certain maps, will probably do that tonight.

Does anyone have the DLC or anything for this, is it worth it?

The maps I've seen from the DLC are pretty cool, except Metro. They added extra things to the returning maps to bring them in line with what the rest of the game is about, ie big fucking structures falling over and changing the map.

I wouldn't bother with the soldier unlocks, they are stupidity tax. Just unlock that stuff by playing the game.

The Naval map pack is ace. Definitely get Premium if you're thinking of sticking with the game for a decent amount of time. I hope to get on again soon.

Its 40 quid for premium?! is that right or am I being a total mong?

bleugh thats a lot just for extra stuff, might see if it comes down anywhere then nab it. I might cancel my Destiny pre-order, and that would cover it.

Play a bit more, if you get into it then it'll work out worth it. It's a lot of money to spend on something you're not going to use.