passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Your Personal Gaming Achievements

Sly Reflex

It could be anything related to games, playing online or whatever. What have you done in your gaming career that makes you feel proud and makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside when you mull over that time in your mind.

Be as brief or as in depth as you want to be. I'll rep the best and interesting ones, because I'm nice like that.

Mm, I don't have many of those warm and fuzzy gaming moments. There's certainly times when I've come away from a gaming session feeling like I've accomplished something. There was many drunken couch-competitions years ago, where split screen mulit-player games were played, and shots were drunk. Usually, it was something like Tekken, Gran Turismo, or stuff like that.

But I would like to add that I've gotten back into Trackmania again, after buying Trackmania Stadium 2 over Xmas. I'm currently ranked in the top 120 in the south-west England region, and I've been invited into a race clan again. Yes that's not much of an achievement, but the invite was great. It's like them saying "we like you, you race well, and we feel you could add to our clan". I'm not sure if I'll accept, as being in a Trackmania clan commits me to racing in competition. And I'm notorious for giving up games when the gaming becomes like work. If I have to race every Saturday night, for example, I'll lose interest.

I remember feeling awesome when I beat all the super star wars games as a kid, some bits in those were difficult as fuck, particularly the death star escape in the millennium falcon in Return of the Jedi.

Getting all the pokemon in the original red/blue was difficult as well actually, at the time that felt like a real effort because trading was something you had to do in person with that bollocksy cable.

Completing F-Zero 64 on Master Difficulty was something I felt was an achievement. It was so hard that winning each race wasnt always an option. You had to identify who your main rivals in the leaderboard were, eliminate them and make sure that if you didnt win you came fucking close to the top,getting as many points as you could whilst they got none. Then you had to do it again. I remember my victory being as much of a triumph in mathematics as gaming skill.

I remember one race on mario kart for the Snes where it was me and a mate and it was the final lap of this race and everything was riding on the outcome of the race. He had a red shell and he had been holding it the whole time and all I had was this leaf and I just knew he was saving that shell for the last few seconds. As I heard that shell coming for me I used my expert skills to avoid the shell with my leaf and jumped it at the last second winning everything. Then there was a pokemon X style parade for me and the leaf.*

*might not be my story, might be somebody else's.

But I would like to add that I've gotten back into Trackmania again, after buying Trackmania Stadium 2 over Xmas. I'm currently ranked in the top 120 in the south-west England region, and I've been invited into a race clan again. Yes that's not much of an achievement, but the invite was great. It's like them saying "we like you, you race well, and we feel you could add to our clan". I'm not sure if I'll accept, as being in a Trackmania clan commits me to racing in competition. And I'm notorious for giving up games when the gaming becomes like work. If I have to race every Saturday night, for example, I'll lose interest.

Getting respect from other players because of your skill is a really rewarding thing to happen. It doesn't matter what team game you're playing, but if you have a good game and someone pings you an invite it just feels good, even if you don't accept it.

I remember feeling awesome when I beat all the super star wars games as a kid, some bits in those were difficult as fuck, particularly the death star escape in the millennium falcon in Return of the Jedi.

Getting all the pokemon in the original red/blue was difficult as well actually, at the time that felt like a real effort because trading was something you had to do in person with that bollocksy cable.

I don't think I made it off the first levels of the SW games, they were fucking hard.

I never managed to get all 151 monsters from the original Pokemon games. I rushed through Yellow as G/S were about to come out, so I basically did the bare minimum possible just to get it done.

Completing F-Zero 64 on Master Difficulty was something I felt was an achievement. It was so hard that winning each race wasnt always an option. You had to identify who your main rivals in the leaderboard were, eliminate them and make sure that if you didnt win you came fucking close to the top,getting as many points as you could whilst they got none. Then you had to do it again. I remember my victory being as much of a triumph in mathematics as gaming skill.

I never spent that much time with F-Zero 64, but if it was as hard as the NGC version of the game then you have my outmost respect, because that game was fucking insanely difficult.

Completing Hexagonest mode in Super Hexagon.

This. This is just insane. I think RF has autism or something to be able to accomplish this.

I'll be back later with a mammoth sized posts ranging from my best petty achievements right up to the grand ones. Gaming is fucking awesome, no other medium allows for stuff like this.

A few more spring to mind:

Defeating Ornstein and Smough and completing Anor Londo in Dark Souls.

All of my Guitar Hero 100% Expert scores, especially the longer songs like Message in a Bottle, Monkey Wrench and X-Stream in GH2, Hold on Loosely in GH 80s, Barracuda and Cherub Rock in GH3. In fact I even managed to 100% a whole tier in GH3.

Defeating Yiazmat in FFXII. There wasn't any great skill involved but still it was a very nice feeling, considering the length of the battle and the time I had put into the game.

Beating FTL.

Beating Dead Space.

Beating Deadly Premonition (that last boss fight was wank).

impressive stuff on GH ^!

i've got some 100% on rock band/guitar hero but mostly easier stuff.

i finished all (barely scraping through some of them) the main-game songs on expert drums on one of the rock band games, the one with run to the hills - which is pretty tough.

some shmup 1cc's but with crap scores:
ikaruga - easy mode
mushihimesama futari 1.5 original
mushihimesama futari 1.5 black label original
mushihimesama futari 1.5 black label maniac
deathsmiles (and 1.1?)
armed police batrider - normal course
espgaluda
akai katana
dodonpachi
dodonpachi daifukkatsu
shikigami no shiro 2
darius gaiden (dodgy use of auto fire to be fair)
galaga legions
score rush - expert

just finishing the main game in super meat boy, and trials HD, but i couldn't do all the dlc for trials.

getting the fastest lap in the face of the ever decreasing AI qualifying lap times on one track in grand prix legends.

being able to win from last place against the hardest AI in a 3 lap race of spa in grand prix 2 - that did involve some interesting (cheating) lines through the bus stop.

winning a ferrari on this very forum!

i've played a lot of halo and so theres a lot of fun stuff there, like winning with less players, scoring a nice flag/bomb, stuff like that. some of this is on youtube oddly, heres a flag capture with some flag throwing/catching:

and heres a more silly one, pretty boring to watch, not impressive at all really, but it was great at the time, basically we're getting destroyed hiding in our base the whole game (lolz at the youtube comment), then winning with a bomb score in the last few seconds of the game:

at uni i used to play this guy at pro evo all the time - i pretty much always lost, i'm rubbish at it - but this one game i kicked ass (well i won anyway), scored an awesome chipped goal (actually that may have been a different game?) - and then refused to ever play him again :awe:

Finishing Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES is one of mine. It's a tricky bastard as it is, the last level in particular has a right stingy time limit. Of course, the Princess then goes "soz, you need my magic braclet or the last boss will fuck you up". And teleports you back to the start.

If you reach her again without her friggin' bracelet, hi ho it's back to the start you go, motherfucker.

It wouldn't be so bad, but the bracelet is a pretty mediocre weapon anyway.

Still, one day after ages of learning the levels, I did it. Get in o/

Online, I'll always be proud of my moment on Call Of Duty 4. It was a session of Search and Destroy, against a room of randoms. This was back in the days when people nearly always used headsets. In SAD, when your team-mates die, you can't hear them. And you know they will be likely watching you, and slag you off if you're shit.

Anyway, it was a 1-1 match, so it was the final round. I soon realised that the rest of my team was dead, and 3 enemies remained. "I'm fucked", I thought, bur I'll go out trying anyway. One guy appeared, and as I was rocking the P90, best smg in the game, I killed him pretty quick. Which got the old adrenaline going.

So I'm scanning every area, hoping they don't rush me at once. Which of course, they do. Spraying bullets at the nearest one, I kill him. But his mate shoots me down...

However, I had Last Stand on, which I always used and was a right bastard with. So while he stands still for a couple of seconds, I dragged out my trusty gold Desert Eagle and emptied the clip right in his fucking face.

And won the round, and the match. The randoms on my side shouted my praises and went "you Jammy bastard". The randoms against me did the opposite, "you fucking bastard".

Proud? Yeah, a bit ;-)

Halo. Specifically everything bar Halo 2. I finished them all on legendary solo. I think it's quite an achievement because it's one of the few games where you cannot really manipulate the enemies into acting in a specific way. There's no way to game the system if you're just playing as you should.

My RezHD high scores. I played that game religiously and had a bit of a battle with several people on my friend list to claim top spots on all of the levels.

Pinball FX1/2 Various tables, Same with RezHD, I learned to dominate on some of the tables, even managing to break into the top 1000 on some leaderboards. When you consider how many people have played those games I think that's doing quite well.

I had friends flat out refuse to race me in Burnout Paradise because I was so good at making the fastest most direct route. It's one of the few times I've been feared as an opponent on that level.

More recently I've had a friend complain about how efficient I am at killing everything in Borderlands 2. We normally start out fighting side by side, but once it breaks out and I start with the stabbings he's left with nothing to do but filter through the loot. My skill is effectively breaking the game for other players.

All the games I managed to get all the achievements on. There's very little filler in there, nearly all of them take a lot of skill and determination.

The Bad Company years. So many awesome things happened in this time that I'm just going to group them all together.

Not really an accomplishment or an achievement, but at the time of playing I was the only person that could snipe so was dubbed the teams Shrub Ninja by SmallofBooty. This was before the era of Wookies.

When the game first came out in the first game we ever played I managed to stab a French guy called Golden No 5 five times. He was so mad that he sent me a voice message calling me names. He never played BC2 again. There was an achievement for playing 15 minutes online. He didn't play long enough to get that achievement and deleted BC2 from his played history shortly after. I like to think I refined the playerbase in that short amount of time. :lol:

I took great pride in managing to stab anyone I could on my friends list.

In one game on Nelson Bay I was defending while DC was attacking. At the very start of the game DC took my tags, after that I got tunnel vision and hunted him down trying to stab him at every opportunity. Out of about 20 kills in that game over half of them were DC, the other kills were from when people spawned on him. It was some real tit for tat shit and we spent the rest of the game exchanging deaths. T'was exciting.

On the same map in a different session. K1NG L33R was on the opposite team with Robotic Monkey, I think Dante and someone else. I managed to scalp tags from all four of them, getting L33R 3 times. It was the most pissed off I've ever heard him.

On Port Valdez defending we'd lost the 2nd base and were defending the narrow pass when I pushed all the way up to try and stop snipers at base spawn from killing my team mates. As soon as I got to the base we'd just lost, they managed to steal out Apache. Using the TOW launcher at the back of the base, I fired a missile up and guided it through shed wall to where the spotted choppers mark was and managed to kill it. luckiest fucking hit ever.

Port Valdez again, I'm in a Bradley on the upper road while Ducky was keeping me repaired from all the RPG's flying my way. He pushes forward to fire on an enemy tank that appears on the crest of the hill when a VODNIK flies over the crest and tries to run him over. A last minute rocket sent the vehicle spinning over Ducks head in an explosion that would have made Michael Bay cum. It was seriously perfect, it couldn't have been choreographed any better.

On Isla Inocentes I spent the whole game sniping from the little submerged islands. I got my first double marksman headshot on some people trying to get me all game. She sent me a message after.

legendary.png

On Valparaiso we come up against a clan that really put up some of the hardest fighting we'd ever seen. I'd taken a more passive stance in the match by playing recon, I'd been trying to gold star the sniper rifles so i could move on from that part of the ribbons and badges part of the game. Admittedly I dragged my feet in that game, anyone that played with me knew I was always a frontline assault player and I let my team down until the very end. We were on the last crate in the upper portacabins and we're quickly running out of tickets, 2 squads of guys throwing themselves and arming the crate, then getting wiped out instantly and seeing the crate get diffused over and over. In a last ditch attempt we lit up the crate and then had to stand off it because we didn't have the tickets to spare. Something clicked then and I went beastmode, the whole party shouting at me while I picked off every single cunt that dared to try and get near that crate before it blew and we won the game. Games don't get any more satisfying than that.

I miss BC2. Those times will never be recreated or be beaten.

Yeah BC was bloody brilliant with mates. Certainly up there with the very best online multiplayers.

I'd say my proudest moment was learning to fly a helicopter, but that never happened ;-)

I did enjoy charging at tanks with C4 though, throwing a few packs and blowing that mother up.