passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

I forgot how unforgiving these games are...

Made a start this morning, no idea if I'm going the right way and cannot get past the first enemy (who I'm trying to kill rather than run from, which might be my first mistake).

Games like this make me feel like I suck at games.

Edit: I get it now, slowly slowly catchy monkey...

Also, the last gen graphics look pretty dreadful by today's standards! (I'm playing on PS3).

Only got to play for 30mins last night, went for my usual knight class.

Met the first enemy..hits me off the cliff first hit.."this is dark souls" achievement pings. Good too be back :)

Looking forward to getting stuck in it properly tonight.

I went with Warrior class, because I don't really know any better.

I still have the original short sword and shield. Not found anywhere that sells weapons as yet.

Now I have retried an area a shit ton of times I see that the enemies are no longer respawning, so there is only a finite amount of souls available in the game?! Harsh.. That one is a bit below the belt and I sort of want to start over.

Question, what the fuck do you do if your sword breaks and you don't have another? Cos it happened... to a guy I know...

Female knight, for sword and shield. Achievement unlocked :(

Which path has everyone gone on?

I ignored the big troll thing, went into the witches' house. Ignored all the mists, found my way to the second bonfire, got to the Forest of Fallen Giants (?) and promptly got the achievement.

I'm thinking I made a mistake going in blind, it's such a radically different experience to the last time.

Last time you knew not to go towards the graves and skeletons until you were levelled up. This time I have no idea where I should be going and it's scary as hell!

I haven't levelled up at all, so far none of the 3 bonfires have given me the option to level up and I've died numerous times. Might be an idea to hold off playing until there are more firm guides around.

I can certainly see me starting over a few times.

You should be able to level up really easily, if it was only at bonfires last time, this one is different. Talk to all NPC's until they go on repeat ;)

I've gone as far as I can in one area now, there is a hard as fuck boss which I can't even get near! So I'm not sure what to do next...

Ah! I have found a way ahead AND I found a secret room, lapping this game up right now :)

Got me some falconry armour, which is a little better than what I started with, plus it's red which sets off my green face nicely.

Hmm, might start a new character.

What item did everyone choose at the beginning? I chose effigy and then I kept picking loads of them up, brilliant.

Is that big bastard at the start doable? Looks like you have to get him to fall over.

3rd character now. :(

Started a second and used a guide on Eurogamer which I'm glad I did as my first I ignored the mists which I now know holds easy enemies and tutorials. D'oh.

I'm on my 3rd because I just lost all those souls earned by dying and then stupidly falling off an edge on the way to get them back.

Those stupid ghost blood stains you see where they die in stupid ways? Yeah, that's me.

I think we should have a thread where we can discuss without worrying about spoilers. Something like 'Let's get Hendo through the nightmare' :)

I skipped past the mini boss I found. You can effectively just opt out. I hope there is a bonfire soon though, is quite far from mine to the where I'm still discovering!

Might go back and see if I can take on that first fat monster yet... Probably not. I'm lev 19 I think.