passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Who Won The Last Generation

DANGERMAN

You can't even answer with "gamers won" because this was the generation that brought us some terrible DLC, horrendous free-to-play games like Dungeon Keeper, free-to-play mechanics in big budget 50 quid games, games being released unfinished regularly due to the "fuck it, we'll patch it later" mentality, ads in your dashboard even when you pay the premium, online passes even though you already pay to play online, games getting more hand holdy by the minute, a boom of minigame collections on the Wii, a boom of rubbish flimsy Kinect games, Kinect in general (but especially for not doing what it was meant to), selling downloadable games for the same price if not more than you'd pay in the shops even though it has none of the distribution or manufacturing costs.

I don't think last gen was all bad. I think without XBLA and PSN we'd not have seen stuff like Braid, Flower, NobyNobyBoy, Keftlings, Journey, Geometry Wars and about a billion other games I can't be arsed to reel off. That avenue of delivery really opened up a lot of viable software that otherwise would have never gotten into users hands.

I see there has been a lot of people here throwing the word "fanboy" around that I'm making a new law. It's called PV's Law it like Godwin's law, but instead of Nazis it fanboys. You're welcome. :D

No one won. The question doesn't make sense. Who won. This posed question always bothers me. Who won? Who bloody won? *explodes*

Explodes? Does this mean we need to make a new RIP thread? :unsure:

I love last gen.

Something to think about is the 360 and PS3 are still being supported, and units are still selling. The Wii died a very long time ago.

It'll be interesting to see how close it gets, particularly the ps3 because I think that will see the most support, but with new consoles out I don't think they'll sell enough