illdog

Cool Video Game Shit

I saw a little bit of it last night (I was watching GBi when AOC was on so switched over out of curiosity). It's a cool thing, hard not to root for the guy, and kind of crazy he was at 50 hours at that point

For want of finding a Retro Topic I'll put this here:

Usborne Books have put their coding & programming books from the 1980s online, free to view - those that encouraged you to learn BASIC and gave programmes to type in, and explained them along the way.

So for a bit of nostalgia just ignore all the new stuff they're trying to sell and scroll to the bottom of this link:

https://usborne.com/browse-books/features/computer-and-coding-books/

@Maf A little tidbit I saw floating around, you might enjoy:

53073149_1974683889494508_20043601678727

Last year, news broke that Game Freak originally intended for Pikachu to have a second evolution after Raichu. Gorochu was intended to be a menacing monster, complete with a pair of horns and fangs. However, Game Freak cut Gorochu for balance reasons and it seemed likely that we'd never actually get to see what Pikachu's final evolution was supposed to look like, until now... - The Fortress of Nerditude

This is probably the most amazing round of Street Fighter you'll ever see. Just incredible.

Such nostalgia! It really cheered me up.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/27/18281082/elder-scrolls-morrowind-oral-history-bethesda

Been dipping in and out of this all morning because it's a pretty cool read. Interviews with the team who developed Morrowind. Just little anecdotes and stories from different aspects of the game. Really interesting read and it comes across as a real labour of love.

That does look pretty...

This guy restores a knackered old Gameboy Colour, I loved this:

wasn't sure where to post this, anyway, limited run games released a physical english version of battle garegga (well they've taken orders but the game isn't out yet), the fancy version comes with a documentary about M2, which is on youtube if anyone wants to watch it: