passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cool Video Game Shit

illdog

• 3 weeks later...

DF doing a run down on this fan made Sonic game

It looks incredible. Obviously the controls and stuff look a bit looses but what a good idea for a 3D Sonic game. I love the sprite work and the levels are surprisingly cool. Apparently this has been in development for over 20 years! Looks great, though

• 2 weeks later...

A642F6E9-4319-43BD-B78B-FAD47A3E6A2C.jpeg

What we got here is a hotel Famicom unit, called the Famicombox. It's one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Apparently, Nintendo made this unit for hotels in Japan (or all of Asia... no one seems to know). In regular operation, this doohickey would sit under the TV in a hotel room, and it would be loaded up with a bunch of special carts. A coin box would hang off the right side of it. From what I can gather, it took 100 yen coins. One coin gave you around 10 or 20 minutes of operation before the unit would start feeping incessantly, and it would FLASH the screen! If you did not insert more money after awhile, it shows a cute "TIME UP" graphic and the text "SEE" "YOU" "NEXT" flashes in sequence on the screen, then it goes back to the title.

EFAEB92D-3471-4520-97BF-37AED81E4E2A.jpeg

Included with the unit was the book that would've been supplied with it in the hotel room. This contains basic operating instructions along with the instruction manuals for all the games included with it.

C331E966-C1BE-4D8F-A709-3FDF723BAE8D.jpeg

87A8359E-1C82-439B-B1BE-6E9C5F641D3C.jpeg

I saw this on Game Center CX. He was staying in an old fashioned hotel that had a machine in the relaxation area. 100 yen for 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Mikami thing has some interesting words about Code Veronica

Don't have the timestamp but he says that Sony asked Capcom to make RE3 a numbered title and they had to change parts of it to satisfy players. However Mikami himself thinks they shouldn't have done this cause the game wasn't very good and Code Veronica was better and more deserving of the '3'. That it was a political decision purely.

On 18/10/2020 at 22:50, one-armed dwarf said:

That Mikami thing has some interesting words about Code Veronica

Don't have the timestamp but he says that Sony asked Capcom to make RE3 a numbered title and they had to change parts of it to satisfy players. However Mikami himself thinks they shouldn't have done this cause the game wasn't very good and Code Veronica was better and more deserving of the '3'. That it was a political decision purely.

I still don't entirely understand why Code Veronica wasn't RE4?