passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cool Video Game Shit

illdog

On 19/01/2019 at 00:21, DifferentClass said:

HBomberGuy is now doing his 100% run of Donkey Kong 64 (the dude who did the speed run video I posted about) now:

This stream is over now, but you might here about it in the more mainstream news because it absolutely blew the fuck up.

What started off as a stream to raise a little bit of money and having some other lefty YouTubers on it totally got traction and ended up raising over $340k for a trans charity.  To put that in perspective, the lottery grant that was pulled because of a shitty campaign was £500k to be spread over 5 years.  So they're covered nearly two years from this silly stream.

It seems Graham Linehan (the charity was partially chosen to spite him) became aware of it and accidently signal boosted it a little.  Then more and more high profile people signal boosted it further.  It started with the likes of Jim Sterling and Grant Kirkhope taking part, to a huge amount of trans YouTubers, and the DOOM's John Romero, Chelsea Manning, Jack Black and even Queen of the Millennials herself, Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez turning up for a quick chat.  I was actually watching when that happened, it was insane.  I don't think there has been anything quite like this.

It was so odd seeing this happening around a tired man playing Donkey Kong 64.

• 2 weeks later...

For want of finding a Retro Topic I'll put this here:

Usborne Books have put their coding & programming books from the 1980s online, free to view - those that encouraged you to learn BASIC and gave programmes to type in, and explained them along the way.

So for a bit of nostalgia just ignore all the new stuff they're trying to sell and scroll to the bottom of this link:

https://usborne.com/browse-books/features/computer-and-coding-books/

• 3 weeks later...

@Maf A little tidbit I saw floating around, you might enjoy:

53073149_1974683889494508_20043601678727

Last year, news broke that Game Freak originally intended for Pikachu to have a second evolution after Raichu. Gorochu was intended to be a menacing monster, complete with a pair of horns and fangs. However, Game Freak cut Gorochu for balance reasons and it seemed likely that we'd never actually get to see what Pikachu's final evolution was supposed to look like, until now... - The Fortress of Nerditude

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/27/18281082/elder-scrolls-morrowind-oral-history-bethesda

Been dipping in and out of this all morning because it's a pretty cool read. Interviews with the team who developed Morrowind. Just little anecdotes and stories from different aspects of the game. Really interesting read and it comes across as a real labour of love.