passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Cool Video Game Shit

illdog

That's awesome, but it makes me sad. Chrono Break was registered by Square in 2001, but no game ever surfaced.

I know it'd never happen, but imagine if Squeenix saw this, checked out Owlboy, and decided "You know what? Let's see what they can do."

So for anyone who likes to watch fighting games I've been subscribed to this channel for a while so I thought I'd share, and maybe others will be interested.

Every Sunday they upload a video like this.  The rest is FGC gossip.  But the Sunday videos are great.  They're not that good bit have an understanding of the game, and are pretty funny.  It's entertaining normie playing.  It makes for a great collision of insight into Street Fighter V (the only game they play on camera).

Sorry for the double post but I think I was meant to put my last post in the SFV thread.  Ooops.

But I came here to post this.

A pretty indepth video about speed running.  I like watching s[eed running and its something I have mentioned but mostly keep to myself but I saw this and it does a good job of articulating why people follow and take part in it.

I thought it was Cool Video Game Shit

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason it wouldn't let me post after I tagged DC, no idea why so on to a new reply! Yes!

These are good:

The guy is researching Zelda dungeon design and talks about their structure. There's a Dark Souls one and a couple of Metroid ones. He has a whole series on video game analysis called Game Makers Toolkit that i'm soon to jump in to, after I've watched the Boss Keys shizbit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone made a Battlefield V video of what they'd want from Battlefield V instead of what's coming out, and the editing is super impressive. Take a gander at it.

Some people are so talented with editing stuff together, especially when you consider all those other videos were set to different music but were still made to be somewhat cohesive in the grander picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Games Done Quick had a small event recently and they there was a Funky Kong run of Tropical Freeze.  I'm been waiting for a speedrun of this.

It starts about 13 mins in because they had streaming issues but it's all here in the archive.  The start just involves some Picross shenanigans.

I'll say this for Dave Perry, he doesn't look like he's 5 minutes from death like Biffo and Bundy ? they could have done with some better lighting and makeup  

it was pretty funny, more like that tv pilot Biffo did years ago than Digitiser (although that pilot was awful from what I remember), the Duck Hunt bit was good. I feel bad saying it because I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I really don't like Ashens, he seems like he wears 'wacky' jumpers