passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Uncle Dokuro

Been itching to get into a military/paramilitary FPS lately and after talking to Sly I decided to pick up CS:GO. Played it for an hour tonight and I found myself enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I died about seven times due to running and gunning. Still get use to everything and playing a FPS with M/K is quite a weird feeling. I could have used a gamepad, but I would have mapped all the buttons myself and that way too much work for my lazy self.

I love to get a bunch of people from MFG and have a match or two.

After not being able to sleep last night I booted back up CS:GO for a few quick matches. Tried out deathmacth for the first time on Dust and Fastlane maps - pretty sure it was a team deathmatch. Anyway I spawned onto the map with the SCAR-20 sniper rifle and I just owned that map - I was on a killing streak. While playing it dawned on me that Sly just got me into an MP game, so love CS:GO.

My only complain is the animations for the way characters jump is awkward to watch and very old school-ish.

It's very easy to get into, the rounds are over in the blink of an eye unless you get into a position where each team has locked parts of the map up. Even then it's normally a case of someone sneaking around quietly to dispatch one of the players so that it eases the jam, although this often leads so some cat and mouse shit as the other team will have had the same idea, hearing your teammate scream out using a similar coms method to how Left 4 Dead uses can cause some right panic.

Some awesome map design as well, a lot of game try to imitate the style of map found here but fail at it, usually because there's one area that has all the value without the risk. The parts worth holding here are risk/reward where the whole team has to know how to hold down the fort. The fights are enjoyable no matter where they take place on the map because of how they're structured. Admittedly, I've not played on all the maps, but I've not seen a dud one yet.