passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Hitman Absolution

Sly Reflex

Portia is a weird game, like I just fucked nearly all the social stuff off because I'm not that bothered about it.

I guess it's one of those games like Animal Crossing where different people play in various ways. Some like designing shit. some like collecting furniture. Whatever, all those things are present here, but for me it's just about getting jobs and fucking them off through the platform and getting them installed ASAP.

It's getting to the point now where I try and keep stockpiles of thing I think I might need so I can shunt projects out the door pronto. It's kind of satisfying in a way when a job comes in and you just assemble it no problems, aside form as few specific parts that tend to be present in each build.

Would I recommend it? I am 40 hours deep and I'm not even half way through it yet. It does have a story so it's not as meandering as some of the other games I've mentioned or games of this ilk that would be categorised alongside it. It really depends on your tolerance for social 'em ups that are side loaded with busywork. 

• 3 weeks later...

That's Portia finished.

What an utterly bizarre game. Pacing all over. Variable voice acting ability mixed in with audio quality that is all over too. Difficulty spikes and troughs all over. Lots of waiting about with nothing better to do. Uninvolving relationship stuff. It's a real miss mash of stuff all squeezed into one game. Still sort of enjoyed it on some level, but it's nowhere near the level of something Like Stardew or Keftlings. Some quite poor design decisions in it as well, for instance I couldn't carry on fighting the last boss because I ran out of stamina points, so I just had to watch the local constabulary kick the fuck out of it while I stood next to them taking selfies.

Some utterly incidental hilarious cutscenes in it though. Nobody here will play the game, but if you have a spare few minutes there's probably a super cut of all the cutscenes in the game for your perusal.

As for what's next, I don't know. Some games have been drawn out, but I don't think I'll play whatever wins until next year. So from now until the end of the year, it's probably going to be smaller games for an in n out adventure.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Fire Pro Wrestling Event

And that's it for this year. I close out the streaming year by holding a wrestling event with created characters from the stream community.

Drop by and watch a bit of lunacy. Won't be talking to chat though, everything is strictly role played in kayfabe.

I don't play it, it plays itself. Used for simming matches.

Although if you want help, try entering the input to pull the move off as the feet slam or whatever. So you lock up, the guys stamp their feet and that's when the command goes in to execute the throw.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: The Ascent

No, I thought it was going to be sort of like Prison Architect.  It was a card game where the cards have to be drawn in some sort of order where you are told a story, a bit like a choose your own adventure book, but it's all against the clock and you're constantly stave off death.

Probably right up a few peoples streets, but not mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

The more I play this the worse I think it is. It's one of those games that's trading on the way it looks and sounds over the actual mechanics that operate it. There's been a very defined manifesto when it came to putting out this game and it looks like the game design itself was left to the small text.

I mention this in the steam review I'm yet to post. It still kind of sucks, it should be doable in solo without the need for help, but it feels needlessly dickish at points.

When it's all flowing it feels great though, I feel that it wouldn't need much tuning to be a great game.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Guacamelee 2
  • Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Vote in Progress

Guacamelee 2 is great. If you've not played it, you should.

Games that were drawn and are currently being voted on.

• Noita
  • Borderlands
  • Dungeonland
  • Children of Morta
  • Remothered: Broken Porcelain
  • Control
  • Dead in Bermuda
  • Mobius Front 83
  • Project Wingman
  • MGSV

Nice mix of old and new vs big hitters vs unknowns.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Hitman Absolution