passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Hitman Absolution

Sly Reflex

Great job. I loved it. Reviews talked a lot about how derivative it was and if suppose it is but as far as I am concerned it didn't really put a foot wrong. Plus, failin at the karaoke game was hilarious.

I think my favourite part was doing stuff I shouldn't do. Just a list of stuff I did pretty much every time I had the chance.

Vault off the banister onto the homeless man sleeping.

Listening in to the two ladies outside my flat and then smacking whoever I thought was most out of line during the exchange.

Randomly grab people and throw them over the fence into the sea. There was a mission where I had to take a picture of a sunset where a jerk photobombed. That's here I learn that.

Use the slam method whilst driving to knock out parking meters.

Taking a bike into a gang fight and then doing doughnuts over anyone that got too close.

Grabbing pedestrians and throwing them at police or bouncing them off police cars.

Taking handbags to street fights.

See how far I could run a triad. I once managed to get one all the way to the flyover and throw him into an oncoming bus. His corpse flew about 20ft up in the air before disappearing over the side of the road. The bus driver, obviously shaken by what he'd witnessed dived from the moving bus, right over the edge of the fly over. I bet he knew first aid and wanted to treat the triad.

Some of the bugs were hilarious. There was one where a boss was meant to storm in through some doors with henchmen to start a gun fight, except his henchmen all ran in and he got stuck on the doorframe. He was shouting obscenities at me and trying to shoot me while I picked a lock, opened a safe box and helped myself to the vending machine. I went over to him and just kept spearing him over and over until he died.

The only thing I really didn't like were the fixed camera angles and camera when it decided you weren't allowed control and trying to dock boats. Docking boats just didn't work at all.

These are little things though, overall I thought it was the tits.

I seriously hope I make it through at least a handful of games. Or at least the some of the bloody things. I've put off buying 2 humble bundles since this started! I can't make the list any longer than it is!

steam summer sale will probably fuck me with a load of games though. I'm a sucker for a bargain.

I just played a bit of single player, it's pretty obvious that it's only meant to be played in co-op. The sieges and stuff all have multiple points of entry which need eyes on them. I love how it slows down and shows you bullet going through heads and then the debris putting other zombies down.

If it wasn't for the sniping heavy gameplay I'd say this game was made for Bob. We all know how good Bob is at sniping in games.

I'm free tomorrow after 12 and then Monday and Tuesday. After that I wouldn't like to say.

EDIT: I'd say it was more like Gears in an open map more than anything. I can see where the L4D comparison comes from, but it really reminds me of horde mode more. Everything is breakneck on L4D whereas this is more of a pressure cooker style of gameplay where things can be trundling along nicely and then start to get out of hand as more and more stuff shows up.

This is hard. Even with everything set to the easiest it's still tough. One of the special mobs needs 9 shots to the head to put down. It might not seem like a lot, but he can down you more or less instantly. It's not very easy crakcing 9 shots off when you have 100's of zombies wanting to chomp on you.

This game likes to crash too. Randomly for no reason whatsoever. I'm liking the game, but the high difficulty and general build of it flaking out without any reason means it's hampering my enjoyment of it, Still it's got played and that was the aim of this thread, if I can't get any more sessions in with friends then I'll tick this off and move onto the next game.

The end of level 2 has a proper boss. Luckily he wasn't too difficult, but I'm guessing if you don't force your way through it and nip it in the bud as soon as you can it becomes impossible.

I played with my new gaming headphones today as well, the sound on them is phenomenal. So much depth to the bass!

That's another level down. I'm over halfway now.

I've noticed that the single player is a lot more lenient on how much damage you can take and it's more generous with the checkpoints. I don't understand why they altered the checkpoints between the modes, just because you fail something with friends or other players doesn't mean you want to do the bit you did fine over and over.

I don't get why they had to put the scavenging in either, or rather the press to scavenge. I managed to walk over some shotty shells somewhere and pick them up without noticing, yet for some reason I've to rifle through zombies bodies to top up sometimes? Just let me pick the ammo up by walking over it. For instance, the last siege I did I totally ran out of reloads for my sniper rifle. This resulted in me picking zombies off from the outside of the pack, running in to loot them, then running back out. I'm not at risk while I do this, as you do it when it's sensible to loot. Plus another thing, I'm shooting shit thats over 150 metres away most of the time, why have they made it so that by the time I get to the body it's dissolved so I cannot loot it for ammo. It's a game about sniping zombies FFS.

In more upbeat news, I did shoot a zombie through the head while I was stood up on some railings. You might say that's not a spectacular feat, but the bullet went through and through and lodged in the guy behinds bollocks. No zombie babies for him!

I should be free tomorrow and Monday if you want some more zombie killing.

I need to do the last 2 levels and then it's completed. Unfortunately the guy I was playing with hasn't been around much so I think the completion might have gone down the toilet. I could have done it on my own maybe, but it's kind of dull to play a game like this on your own. I imagine with a full lobby it'd be great, friends make everything better.

What did you buy? I can join you on Blood Bowl and Tropico 4 but not via PC.

If you look in the first post I added them, just humble bundle stuff. I did toy with getting the ARMAII pack as well, to play DayZ, but fuck. I've too many games and I've already broke my rule about not buying any more games to add to the list. Feel free to join me whenever you can. That goes for anybody really, if you have the games and you want to join in, then do it.

You have something like a 1 in 80 chance of me pulling one of those games you mentioned. I guess you've always got stuff to be getting on with. I recommend Sleeping Dogs if you've not played that yet, it's pretty good.

I think if we don't make good ground tomorrow on Nazi's, then I'll pull another ticket out and move onto the next game. I played the game, which is what I set out to do, completing something like that would just be the icing on the cake.

EDIT: I just got my mate to pull a game from the box before he went home. I really don't feel like playing that game, but damn, the rules are the rules and I'm going to bloody well play it. What 'it' is will be revealed tomorrow after putting Nazi's to bed.

Torchlight II gets finished! I think I started it in 2012. I'll see about bumping it off the list next time I update the first post.

I think I might have to resort to a guide for Overlord. I just seem to be going back and forth between areas now not making much of a dent in it.

• Sly Reflex changed the title to Sly's St(r)eam Tombola Thread: Hitman Absolution