passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bravely Default Flying Fairy

DANGERMAN

Chapter Four :)

This is starting to become an obsession. I'm constantly planning what job classes I need to max out to combine for later in the game. Not sure if I have time to start two for each character from scratch or not. Then you get another asterisk (job class) and the thinking starts over!

Truly excellent, I feel bad for posting negatively about this before, it just takes time to get into. I understand the JRPG type stats a lot better now too, which is immensely useful. Without some of this knowledge, these games are impossible.

I ought to update this - the game reached a point where (and you'll know if you've played it) it became amazingly repetitive so I ditched and sold it. Life's too short for that - made me sad that I wasted time...

• 4 years later...

The Nintendo Direct trailer for Bravely Default 2 convinced me to pick this up, so I’ve played an hour of it. First impressions are not particularly positive. It’s nice that the game has Japanese voices but the whole thing is very cliched and the story seems quite bare bones/my first rpg, but we’ll see. Combat seems totally unremarkable, the default/brave system doesn’t seem particularly interesting or clever. All in all, it seems like a poor man’s Octopath Traveler (although that also suffered from bare bones writing).

Also, these party chats seem to be totally asinine and I don’t know why they included them in the game at all.

I noticed a few of you praised the 3D which I have set to off but I might try to play the game in 3D if that is one of the more impressive aspects of it.

Ha! I think it was my first RPG, turn -based one anyway.

It's been a while now, but I remember quite liking it and enjoying the goofy characters, although if you're playing in Japanese you won't have the simple joy of hearing Agnes declaring the other character's stupidity and/or lewdness "unacceptable"

Plus, everyone was raving over the battle system at the time. I thought it was a bit harsher than Octopath, in that you could take some big risks by going into the negative, and getting your butt kicked. Or could u do that in Octopath? I can't quite remember.