passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

HandsomeDead

I've done the first two worlds so far and it's pretty good, unsurprisingly.

The things that happen seem to mostly be about nostalgia, or at least the bits that have stuck out. You have a SMB3 style map with little huts where you get stuff and there was a level where you make your way over a bunch of moving tanks.

But there was a level that used shadows to some cool effect and I hope its expanded on. But listing the stuff doesn't do it justice. Everything just feels really tight and polished, more so than the older 3D games. I feel like I can maneuver Mario around really confidently. Like sprinting around narrow paths is doable and you're not having to do a balancing act all the time which 3D platformers have taught us to expect. It really does bring the best of either the constant sprinting and careful jumping of the 2D titles and exploring with the weird mechanics of the 3D games (like having to get places with a certain power-up).

So surprise, surprise. It's brill.

This. Is. Brilliant :)

Spent a bit of a while on it but 100%'d the first 3 worlds and just about to finish world 7. Seems like a pretty short game, although there is incredible variety, I hope there is more to come..

I guess that's in about 7 hours.

I played about 5 hours worth with my brother. Hilarious!

Edit: just to agree with DC, the controls are perfect! No more fluffiness, the characters go just where you want them to.

Yea, this is good. Its super playable and the controls are great as people said, the game seems to recognise when it needs to keep you in a straight line. As much as I love it I could totally understand someone thinking 'Its just more Mario'. It is. But its incredibly fucking good Mario. 3D platforming at its most refined.

That's like waking up and saying 'urgh... More life...' :)

I'm having a great time, pretty much 100% on first 6 worlds now! I do seen to have a lot of stamps left to get so hoping there is more game after what seems like the final world now.

I got chased by a Mario World Goomba over a rolling platform like a conveyor so we were both going nowhere. It was hilarious; the animation, the sound effects. I laughed like fuck and knew I'd love it.

I feel like a whole bunch of stuff happened early on that made me like it.

My 'just more Mario' comment was aimed at Dangerman. I was feeling the good vibe straight away but this type of game is my favorite. Despite that i can objectively see where you're coming from. Maybe I am you.

:lol: that's not fair, I was one of the biggest fans of 3D Land

on that note though I think you'd like Tearaway. I'll get there with this, it'll just take another world or two

to be fair, I'm on 3-2 and I've pissed away a bunch of lives trying to get all the stars. I am a bit drunk and sleepy admittedly, but this is what I want. It would really benefit from the 3D of the 3ds I think, there's been a few times I've fallen off ledges to the near or far side when landing a jump because I can't see the depth

it's picked up now. I like the Toad levels, the ones where you have to get 10 stars in about 10 seconds each are great, and the Mario Kart one was really well done. They've got longer and more challenging, and I think a bit of the problem with the difficulty comes from the power-ups, it's a much harder game if you find yourself without one

Yea, that Mario Kart level was awesome. If missing one green star in your first run through was the aim of the game I'd be a master, some of them are quite well hidden I thought. I went back to world 1 to clean up, the middle star on the dino sea ride level was a proper bastard to find yet so obvious once i found it.

Fuck that dinosaur level. I was convinced the green star was linked to the 8 red coins and wasted loads of lives to get them all... I just couldn't get my head around how the dino handled on land. But I finally got all the coins and found it wasn't how you got it anyway!

But I clocked how you're meant to get it and repeatedly slapped my forehead.

But I'm playing it like Wildejon. I've just got to the 5th world and I've got all the stars so far. I also have all the stamps... apart from one.. the one in the castle in the 4th world has alluded me and I just can't seem to fin it.

oh that dino one i tried a number of times and still no idea how to get all the stars. i'll be back.

think im just before the last boss now, but still loads left to do, missed lots of stamps/stars and not done much of world 4 due to finding a warp pipe.

good point about the difficulty and suits.

You could type all the words in the world and you wouldn't be able to do this game justice. I played for 2 hours just now, it felt like I was playing for about 10 minutes.

I love how the game doesn't need to explain anything. You get a power up and instantly know how to use it. The levels don't look like it, but they are designed so you are forced to try stuff out. The way it's done isn't patronising or anything. It just feels so good.

It's when games like this hit I feel for people that either don't play this type of game or don't play games at all. I genuinely feel bad that people will be missing out on this. I can't quite describe it, but yeah, I think the people who've played this will know where I'm coming from.

Well if anyone wants it to get more difficult, I've just hit some stuff that is losing me life very quickly. I'm pretty crap at platformers mind.

Ace game, loads of fun things to do, this is what video games are all about. Thoes sneaky 2d luigis, what are they about? Other than being super cool.

• retroed changed the title to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury