passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

HandsomeDead

Struggling to get to the finish line on this. 

Think I’ve only got about 8 levels left of the last bonus world but I’m struggling for motivation now, especially as I just learnt to get all Stamps 

Spoiler

You need to play through each level with every character ? fuck that!

I’m still going for 100% stars and golden posts but yeah, for sure not getting all the stamps. 

Just feels like the end of Galaxy now instead of SM3DL where I adored and looked forward to getting everything in every level (I think I even replayed that game as a different character to open a bonus world). It’s a shame but it’s dropped in my estimations as it’s gone on, it’s partly my own fault I know but I just don’t see much innovation at the end, just remixed slightly harder levels aside from a few in World 8 that were cool.

It’s worth persevering with for that final level if you’re already that close. The final Marathon level

is good too. You will need all the stamps as well though, apart from those final 5 bullshit ones.
Dont worry it lets you access that last world without them, thank God. Because like you said, fuck that! 

• 2 weeks later...

Unlocked World Crown in SM3DW and that was me done with it, ended up enjoying the last two worlds but wasn’t enough to sway my feelings one way or other, it still feels like one of the safest, least innovative Mario titles I’ve played. 

Could one of the mods possibly add Bowser’s Fury to the thread title? TIA ?

Started Bowser’s Fury a few days ago and had an absolute blast with it, just such a good time, finished it today and immediately wanted to dive back in and find some more cat shines, couldn’t get enough of it. 

It felt much more new, fresh and innovative than SM3DW to me almost immediately. That complete camera control was great, as was having this sizeable world ahead of you to explore with next to no hand holding whatsoever.

The first time I saw Fury Bowser I was like WTF, it was just so cool seeing this huge Godzilla-like monster ahead of you, familiar as Bowser obviously but strangely different and otherworldly in appearance. The way he pops up in the world is also nicely done, it never feels like he outstays his welcome and just when you need him to pop up to unlock a hidden passageway or something the rain starts and he’s there in no time. It’s just such a cool dynamic, changing the world from typically cheery to dark and fiery.

It kind of feels like an experiment, tasking the devs with creating a new, different experience whilst still using the SM3DW assets by and large. The world isn’t large by any means, and often feels like one of the bigger worlds from Odyssey - the way cat shines are in abundance throughout is also familiar - but Fury Bowser and how you gradually reveal more of the world is completely new and just so damn cool.

So yeah, safe to say I absolutely loved it. Quite short at 3ish hours to finish but there’s tons more Cat Shines I’ve yet to find. Highly recommended.

Spoiler

D429BD74-BE6B-40A0-B669-2E6004ABE293.jpegD8146649-EAD8-4B5D-A11E-76A1A1140467.jpegF4AD2C01-992B-42A2-9F63-6E60BF3CF32E.jpeg1F8EDC59-6B90-4E46-AA31-24C9771FD4C3.jpeg
6292BB97-3AFD-43B7-983E-EE4AEFBED24E.jpeg

A0DAB597-B941-4F45-B5A5-9EC2C0BBAA76.jpeg

AB6102BA-82C2-4AF0-942A-4FB04F3523A2.jpeg

9260EF42-7814-4419-AB60-6E91BB0DBD39.jpeg

I'm having a hard time finishing the Great Tower of Bowser Land.

I hate the levels with enforced scrolling, especially as they don't let you scroll the camera ahead to buy yourself slightly more time.

I've been enjoying lots of the game, just find some levels feel like complete BS.

• retroed changed the title to Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
On 07/03/2021 at 08:44, shinymcshine said:

I'm having a hard time finishing the Great Tower of Bowser Land.

I hate the levels with enforced scrolling, especially as they don't let you scroll the camera ahead to buy yourself slightly more time.

I've been enjoying lots of the game, just find some levels feel like complete BS.

Yeah, I found those the toughest too and struggled with that World, there’s some pretty mad difficulty spikes at times. Also thanks @retroed ?

Finally got up that flipping tower, unsurprisingly with an invincible super leaf, although it was predominantly falling off the scrolling screen that was killing me.

Still, despite some credits rolling, I've got a few more Worlds to find, and stars & stamps to complete.

Never expect it from a Nintendo game but had a game freeze 'crash' after completing World Star 5 Super Block Land - it just froze up on the red screen showing score & time - so I had to exit, close software, reload, and it didn't record level completion. 

Oh well - isn't the worst level to redo at least.

I'm having a huge problem with World Star-9 Cosmic Cannon Cluster - I just can't figure out what I need to do to trigger the red switch "!" blocks to change the track, immediately after the midway point.

I get a cannon head, and fire continuously at the "!" but rarely does it seem to trigger (even when clearly hit) - I've tried this dozens of times, and triggered it only twice, only then to fail at the later one where there's a gap in the track as I failed to hit the next one / just ran out of time.

Online videos don't seem to be showing any real issues with it - but I'm reaching that real frustration where I can't now progress.

Help !!!!!!!!!

Update - found out online about holding down button to charge the bomb release - can't recall seeing any onscreen gamehint about that !!!