passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The iPhone killer? A thread for Android phones

Hendo

yeah i'm very tempted by the nexus, it looks delicious, may see what contract deals come out, though i expect they'll be rubbish to start

Not sure if its actually coming on contract here, i know in america you can only buy it via google, with the option of a tmobile contract (with more to follow).

yeah i'm very tempted by the nexus, it looks delicious, may see what contract deals come out, though i expect they'll be rubbish to start

Not sure if its actually coming on contract here, i know in america you can only buy it via google, with the option of a tmobile contract (with more to follow).

hmm, i expect they'll sort some sort of contract dealio out at some point though, I can't see mr and mrs notgeeks shelling out that much money for a phone when they can just get an iphone free with a £30 ish contract a month. Unlike us geeks who are considering it

• 1 month later...

Unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks like Microsoft will be entering the ring with a new phone or series of phones (like how Android works) and it's under the Xbox Live brand:

Microsoft has just revealed its new Windows Phone 7 series platform which, among other things, don support for Xbox Live games.

"For the first time ever, Microsoft will bring together Xbox LIVE games and the Zune music and video experience on a mobile phone, exclusively on Windows Phone 7 Series. Partners have already started building phones; customers will be able to purchase the first phones in stores by holiday 2010," says the PR.

MS goes on to detail: "This hub delivers the first and only official Xbox LIVE experience on a phone, including Xbox LIVE games, Spotlight feed and the ability to see a gamer's avatar, Achievements and gamer profile. With more than 23 million active members around the world, Xbox LIVE unlocks a world of friends, games and entertainment on Xbox 360, and now also on Windows Phone 7 Series."

Interested to see how this pans out.

So, my works contract was up and I was due a new phone. I'm glad because my current Blackberry is fucked, it's covered in lacquer spatter and the keys are all janky because of paints and dust been in behind them. I was half expecting ym company to get us iPhones, like the guys over in the offices have, but instead of finding an iPhone in my office this morning when I got one of these.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

It's nice. i really need a case for it though, otherwise it will be as spunked up as my last phone if I don't have some protection on it.

In true windows fashion, I had to patch all the bugs when I got it home. It's pretty cool though, I know this won't be to everyones taste, but I have already got some spreadsheet action on there. That's going to save me a load of time having all the equation in my pocket than having to run to a computer terminal to tap in a few numbers to get a mix ratio back. Video playback from websites is nice and fast, and the camera is pretty high quality.

The tracking shit can actually follow me round the house as well, which is :blink:

SPREADSHEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!1111!!

Fuck, i need me one of these bad mothers

Yeah, other people get flight control and the millions of other games on iPhone, I however go for mini excel. I'm such a nerd. The GPS on this is actually fucking scary, it has me pinned down every footstep I take. It's the most accurate tracking I have ever seen. It has features on it that tell me where the nearest things are too, so I can type in a list and it will find the closet ones to me and tell me the opening hours and such. I really like how you can gather people into messaging too, it's like PM'ing someone on the forums, and you can add people to the text conversation to which is sweet. On e of my co-worker was telling me he was stood at the bus stop with it, and it told him what buses leave from that stop and how long the next bus was going to be in minutes approx. :blink:

It has features on it that tell me where the nearest things are too, so I can type in a list and it will find the closet ones to me and tell me the opening hours and such.

Yeah, there's an app (for that) called Around Me that has proven useful in the past - last time I was in Leeds actually, where I needed to get cash out and I'd never been to that part of Leeds before and it was pot luck as to which direction would have a cash machine, and the app told me exactly where it was.

The stuff you can do with smartphones is brilliant, it's like carrying around the Yellow Pages and a map.

Nice phone dude. I was looking at them, but the tariff was a bit higher, and I tried a friend's HTC Touch HD and didn't take to it as well as I thought I might, it felt a bit clunky. The HD2 has a capacitive screen though and a far nicer looking interface. It looks to be packed with features.

My N97 Mini will be here later, I had my dispatch email earlier and it's currently in transit to my local depot. Then I'll be sending my N85 off to cashinmyfone.com for a not-too-shabby £105.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...