passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The iPhone killer? A thread for Android phones

Hendo

Cheers, Sly. I've not been on NL for a while now though, and don't want to barge in asking for information and then bugger off again.

I'm not going from Apple, I've never had an iPhone. I use an iPod Touch for music and podcasts, though, and will probably continue to do so when I've got my new phone.

Here's a look at the Nexus and the ICS firmware.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6otMehZxQX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My brother runs a Galaxy S2 and loves it, went from an Iphone 3g to the Samsung and swears it better. For me its bigger but the screen is immense.

To swap the subject to a windows phone, i picked up a Nokia Lumina Lumin? 800 for my mum this morning she wanted a touchscreen and use the internet and she is comfortable with IE so thought why not. Had a play while setting this up, sychs contacts across with ease, the camera is good, not just good its superb. Screen quality yep clearer and much sharper than any apple including the new 4s.

I can't comment on apps as none downloaded yet, but the phone feels nice in the hand and access via a home router its super quick.

Will post some more once my mum lets me have it back, lol! TBH this is the first phone to tempt me away from my 3gs.

that's really nice, thin too. Shame it doesn't let you add an sd card though, the only issue I have with my Desire is that I fill the onboard memory (which isn't very much), everything I can I dump on my SD (16gig) and that gets filled pretty regularly*. Hopefully they release the 32 gig version over here, and hopefully it's out and standard for when I upgrade in a few months

*I rip music at 320kb and my phone is my mp3 player, so not an issue for you Ed

Forgot to add, mum's new Nokia Lumia was free, 24 month contract, 300 mins to anyone, unlimited txt's and 750mb internet from carphone warehouse, same deal direct from orange and the phone is £100 upfront. Cost is £26 a month overall not too bad a deal.

Here's the deal I've spotted for the Nexus. It's via buymobilephones.net, who I went with for our last contracts, and they seem to be fairly decent.

The offer is in their January deals, but I'm guessing in another month's time there'll be as good or better offers around. I didn't really want to pay more than £25/month for each contract.

Nice phone, but ain't £30 a month a bit steep? My HTC Sensation is only £26 a month. I get 400

mins, unlimited texts, and 250MB internet.

HTC_Sensation_White_Edition.jpg

8 megapixel camera with flash, FM radio, android 2.3 with upgrades coming, duel core processor, 8 gig memory card included, etc, lol

Sensation @ Phones4U

On the plus side, it'll be nice to have you on Android as well.

It's only four quid extra a month. Not bad to have the Nexus I don't think.

Saying that, if I stump up £69, I can get it on the same plan as yours from Phones 4 U. Not as good a deal overall, though, as the £30 contract would only work out to £48 extra in comparison over the 2-year term.

I'm hoping to find something a bit cheaper, though.

I kinda got sidetracked by Bipesh in Phones4U. I didn't leave 3 for any particular reason. Just thought I had a good deal with the cashback covering the cost of the 3UK contract buyout. Maybe I should have waited for my upgrade time, but Shiney Syndrome kicked in again. But yeah, that's a good deal on 3. I sort of wish I'd known.

There's always a better deal the day after you find something, it's always the way. No doubt when I get my new contract, there'll be a better offer the week after. :rolleyes:

Pretty much set on a Galaxy S2 for the wife, just need to decide what I'm going to do about mine. I have a month to choose.

There's always a better deal the day after you find something, it's always the way. No doubt when I get my new contract, there'll be a better offer the week after. :rolleyes:

Pretty much set on a Galaxy S2 for the wife, just need to decide what I'm going to do about mine. I have a month to choose.

You want an Ice Cream Sandwich!!!

You want an Ice Cream Sandwich!!!

It does sound quite nice. :blush:

the galaxy s2 is freaking sweet! i love it, the bigger screen is lovely for using as a mini ereader too.

its meant to be getting the ice cream sandwich thing in q1 this year but tbh, i cannot for the life of fathom how it will change the way i use my phone.

otterbox commuter case is a must, the back cover of the phone is literally 1 mm thick.

if you have any questions about send me a pm etc.

Ive said before that the lumia 800 is a great piece of kit, very tempted to get one my self, for a social networker it just works so well. Yet to see if games for windows phones are any good, but if we get xbox live indie titles then im all up for one to replace my 3gs!

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of deliberation, I'm thinking of going for the Galaxy S2 for myself as well as the wife. The contract cost is a fair bit less, and I'm trying to cut costs wherever I can at the moment.

I've found this deal on O2. 200 mins, unlimited texts, 500MB data. £21.50 a month and the phone's free. Sounds good?