passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ye olde cupboard o' games

illdog

My sister has lived in my old room for ages and she lived in squalor, messy caaaaaaa. Anyways. she's moved out and all the shit that once blocked my old games cupboard has finally gone. I got to peak inside for the first time in ages, thought i'd share:

SNES642_zps0a833674.jpg

SNES641_zps901e89ba.jpg

SNES643_zps90a2404d.jpg

I used to buy a box of Pokemon cards every time a new series came out. And the fucking magasines Ive got in there, jesus. I'm gonna be moving all these to my house in the not too distant future (the misses is more excited than I am. Maybe), I'll show yous again when their on proper display if your good,

Here's what's in my spare room, in glorious low res vision (haven't got a decent cam, sorry)...

Boxed GBA games, some boxed N64 stuff

10827594863_9be8d0c87b_z.jpg

More boxed N64 stuff

10827335576_b8c171eb99_z.jpg

Boxed Game Boy/Game Boy Color games, also just about visible are my original GB, GBC, GBA, GBA Micro, Game Boy Camera and Gameboy Printer. Got a load of loose GB carts in the plastic storage box.

10827337406_8252ea8ebb_z.jpg

Boxed SNES and N64 games

10827338446_c8c4e7dbe6_z.jpg

Boxed SNES games inc. the old big assed Super Metroid with Players guide

10827295495_d464e6f0de_z.jpg

Dreamcast and games, and nearly all of the Dream On demo discs that came with the official Dreamcast mag. That's Samba de Amigo and Seaman with the DC microphone at the top, and the big House of the Dead 2 box with a Dreamcast gun is on top of Samba de Amigo (not in the picture). I've got a shitload more DC games than this, they're in a disc storage box though, with the case inlays and instruction books separate. I had to do that with a lot of my DC/PS1/PS2/Xbox games to save space whilst living with my ex wife.

10827868113_fe4be08abe_z.jpg

My shitty Game.com, Atari 2600 and all my plug n' play joysticks. There's a Speccy 128k +2 hiding just off picture to the right as well.

10827602626_b7015bc99a_z.jpg

Consoles stacked up in the corner of the room for easy access, a load more unboxed carts in the storage cases as well. Yes, that is Superman 64 just underneath my blue N64 pad. Yes, I am thoroughly ashamed.

10827603006_a4bb78102d_z.jpg

This is the best thread. :wub:

Loving all of the photos. illdog those SNES boxes are immaculate. Loving your collection too, TromaDogg. The nostalgia is hitting me hard!

Big box Super Metroid. One of my biggest regrets selling mine. £100+ for a decent one on eBay now.

That's a fantastic collection TD, got some great games in there. Both the Castlevania's on the 64 I see but more importantly Super Castlevania IV on the SNES. Did we just become best friends?

:lol:

Where we not before? I told you your SNES/N64 collection looked similar to mine. And where it's different, you've either got games I want or games I just haven't got boxed copies of/games I've downloaded via Virtual Console/whatever.

I'm a big fan of Castlevania, always have been since playing Haunted Castle in the arcades years ago. I've got them all boxed or unboxed, asides from Rondo Of Blood but I've got that downloaded from the Virtual Console on Wii anyway, and the Dracula X Chronicles remake for PSP.

I've got loose Zelda: Link to the Past, Zombies and Secret Of Mana carts, would kill for your boxed copies though. Plus my original Street Fighter 2 and Super Bomberman boxes got damaged ages ago, Also used to have Spiderman/Xmen in Arcade's Revenge as well, even managed to complete the fucker though it was stupidly difficult in places, though I traded it in afterwards.

Ideally I'd have like to have kept all the SNES games I've ever owned, but I was in school when I had a SNES and my only real option most of the time to get new games outside of Xmas and birthdays was to trade the ones I'd finished with in. I bought most of them back quite cheap when I got my first job, and before most people had the internet and flogged stuff on Ebay, but certain things I've never seen for a reasonable price again. Crazy to think some of the stuff I bought for £5 back in the 1990's cheap from game shops (like Duck Tales 2 on NES) usually goes for nearer £70 now. :blink:

As we're hopefully moving house in the new year, I started sorting through a bunch of my old stuff at the weekend and took it to my parents' house to keep it all safe. Here's some of it. The SNES games are all boxed up and sealed, but I'll put some older pics of them and a few other bits in the next post. I have a ton of boxed & complete GBA games but they're all boxed up now. No pics at the moment unfortunately, but it's a sweet collection. :)

Some of the consoles. The Mega Drive is a JPN version in a PAL box. Modded Super Famicom in the carrier bag.

1_zpsec4491ee.jpg

Games. I don't have an Amiga any more, but have kept hold of some titles.

3_zps9acca275.jpg

PS1 collection.

4_zpsa1c7ff03.jpg

Some mags/books.

2_zps87f6ae97.jpg

(if anyone has a copy of Retro Gamer Collection vol. 2 that they would like to sell, let me know!)

Ooh Ed, Puglseys Scavanger Hunt and Batman Returns gave me a boner. And it strikes me Ive never seen the PAL version of Stunt Race FX before, i had the NTSC version, back in the days wehn we got games 6 months later and there was no way I could wait.

Shit, check out the stuff! I think Troma might have a bigger haul than you dizzog.

Eds pictures make me really wish id kept my Snes stuff, the Super Star Wars games....man they have a special place in my heart/balls. Ive got rid of every gaming thing ive owned over the years apart from my original gameboy and one or two games, would never get rid of that, got it for my fifth birthday and it was my best friend even throughout the N64 days :weep: . Always passed them on to another family's younger kids, apart from Jimbo who is older and just touches kids.