passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mercenary Kings

Uncle Dokuro

I’ve been spending some time with the early access version of Tribute’s Mercenary Kings. The game is a lot different from what I thought it would be – Which is not a bad thing. I thought it would be a straight-up Metal Slug clone, but while it shares a similar visual style the rest of the game is a little different.

You start off by picking your sex (male/female) and clothing color (ethnicity). Once that is done you’re dropped into your home base. From here you can craft guns, knives and bionics, set-up co-op, pick missions, talk to people and other things.

Items are crafted via materials looted on missions or on the hunting grounds. You can carry unlimited materials, but your backpack has only four slots for items (Guns, Grenades, Health pack, Riot Shield).

The hunting grounds are like a 2D Cabala’s hunting game, but where dead animals drop loot. The wildlife are spooked easily, so it hard to get the drop on them.

Over all I’m really impressed with Mercenary Kings so far. PlayStation 4 gamers will have a blast with the finished products once it is finished and comes out of early access on Steam. IMO I feel Xbox One gamers should not feel left out. Mercenary Kings on Steam is designed with Microsoft’s pad in mind. It’s even displayed in loading screen showing button layout before being dropped into your home base for the first time. So while it’s not announced yet, I have a feeling it will find its way to that console too. Maybe after the PC and PS4 release.

I made a let’s play video tonight of Merc Kings with PlayClaw 5. I’m hoping to get up somewhere for you all to see.

Here is the full details of the sale

Plus they are droping new ranks and mission for the early access today.

WHAT THE WHAT?
You’ve read RIGHT! Mercenary Kings goes on sale 40% OFF on Steam tomorrow! You’ve been on the fence about sampling the game? It’s the best time to try it!! Only for 48hrs, after which the game goes back to it’s affordable price tag of 15 smackers on the Steam Store!

I already have this game, what do I care about a sale?
A good question, friend! What you should care is that tomorrow, a brand new rank gets added in-game, so if you have already bought the game, you get something NEW tomorrow too!

A new rank?
Yes, Major rank! 12 new missions!

Is the game completed?
Not yet! We’re still hard at work and seeing the light at the end of the development tunnel. We aim to launch the game late-fall.

Where can I get this?
Right here !

WHEN can I get this?
10AM Pacific Time! But for 48 hours only! Don’t delay

tumblr_inline_mve8p6qaGh1r2dlqv.gif

Today I crafted the Artillery Jager, which is a badass piece of weaponry. I also have cleared all missions on the Private rank and have moved on to the Recruit rank. Few new enemy types once you get to the Recruit rank. One guy has a mega buster and quick boomerang type firepower.