hinn888

The Comic Book Thread

I searched the site, but did not find a comic book thread.

Anyway, I hit up the local comic book shop today.

Here is what I picked up.

Elephantmen! #51

Godzilla #12

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #3

Danger Girl #1

Dinosaurs Attack #3

Minimates Marvel 2 pack - Ghost Rider and Onslaught figures

Posted Image

First off great episode of Ultimate Spider-man last night. The shows writers did a good job with bring Jack Russell, a.k.a. Werewolf by Night and the rest of the The Howling Commandos to life on the small screen.

After the show I got around to reading Danger Girl: The Chase #1. The new series definitely came racing out of the gates with a bang and dropped you in the middle of the action at the first page. Tolibao did a fucken wonderful job with the art and so did Fajardo with the color. Andy Hartnell writing was on point and I can only see this series getting better.

After reading this issue I had a hankering to go back and play the PSone Danger Girl game.

Yeah pretty much, ive mentioned a few comics in there of note myself.

There's a graphic novel thread, I'm guessing that's the same thing?

If you want to merge the comic book and graphic novel/trade paperbacks threads that is ok with me. :D

Been reading Transformers Regeneration One of late. Only read Volume One which is like four issues in one book or summink like that but it's been surprisingly good.

Regeneration One carries on form the 80 issue US run of comics in the 80's. I didn't read them, i used to buy the UK ones bu I only used to read the ones drawn by Geoff Senior, ive no idea why but his drawings were the best so I made that choice. I was like 10 or something, go figure.

Anyways, i'd recommend this if you are even remotely entertained by transforming robots. The story is compelling reading and its quite friendly toward noobs, it's a good restart point and makes me wanna dig in to the back in the days shit. Ive got Volume two and three at home now, gonna get on those bad boys post haste. *insert transforming noise here*

I'm waiting on the last volume of Regeneration One to release, managed to stay away from spoilers so far too so I have no idea how it ends.

I'd highly recommend giving MtMtE and RiD a read ill, there the new IDW stuff... it's set in a G1ish universe and put bluntly their excellent, probably the pinnacle of Transformers writing so far.

If you don't fancy those at least read "Last Stand of the Wreckers"... brilliant stuff.

You can often have a search around and find good prices for digital collections of things. Im currently massively looking forward to the upcoming reboot of 'The Amazing Spider-Man' franchise in a couple days, the return of Peter Parker.

Received yesterday, it's the first part of a 12 issue crossover event from MtMtE and RiD.

post-1328-0-85170100-1398839693_thumb.jp

I bought a couple of books recently.

IMG_20140430_122252.jpg

Probably not any robots in disguise in these. From Hell is much bigger than I expected. It's ginormous.

My comic book buys are limited to all things TF and The Walking Dead trades, even that works out reasonably expensive.

I need a better job.

the humble bundle is comics this week. But it's just the first part of a few books, then oddly part 1 and part 20 of Walking Dead

So, after only 23 years of waiting... here it is, the official end of G1 Transformers.

post-1328-0-49100900-1401192021_thumb.jp

*faps*

Im at the end of Volume 2 currently, it's a really good story, very impressed. It's a tiny little bit confusing at times as it jumps form location to location very quickly but I forgive it for being over all fairly awesome.

That seems to be a Furman thing, even with a limited run of 21 issues the guy was still bringing in new characters and storylines... I'm just hoping these last five don't feel rushed.

Concluding part to Dark Cybertron.

post-1328-0-70759700-1403626687_thumb.jp