passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Comic Book Thread

hinn888

Not that anyone cares but here are my top 5 Spider-Man costumes to go along with the spider logo

Spoiler

5bef6e572e44c164e9572ea89fe4fcba.jpg

Obviously the winner is the classic red and blue. Particularly when drawn by Erik Larson or Mark Bagley or someone from that era

latest?cb=20120813005821

I honestly think the symbiote suit is the best alternate costume of any superhero. It’s just amazing. Sleek, stylish, eye catching, more sensible and in the 80’s came with a great back story

kbm93ezn7zl11.png

For all the smack people talk about Ben Reilly, he had a hell of a Spider-Man costume. Again benefitted by the art of the era, I love the web shooters on the outside of the suit, I love the blue on the hands (Because as a kid it was way easier to draw!) and the big Spider across the body. I loved the Scarelt Spider suit, too, but I think this is the best of both 

4042937cef1e2246b7c777391ed47a8f.jpg

So this is relatively new to me. I think I’ve seen it before but it never really stuck until the Spider-Man game last year where I was like wow. It’s kind of like cross fit Spider-Man or something, but I think it looks rad

1029992.jpg

Homestly there are so many to pick from getting the 5th one was really hard. But have to give Miles (And Sara Pichelli) their due. Black and red just works and it’s a great modern take on the concept of a Spider-Man Suit. It manages to have a more 21st century edge to it without losing the flair and fun of a comic book costume. 

Don't fret over that @Maf I think that pic literally contains every G1 Autobot and Decepticon (Not every "Transformer", as I don't see Unicron, so the distinction should be noted) From 1984 to 1989. Even Transformer nuts, such as @Nag and myself would be hard-pressed to name them all off the bat.

Apparently it is actually supposed to be from a lithograph, celebrating the 20th anniversary of Transformers at the time. So as a wall covering print, I would probably have a better time at being able to pick the near identical Autobot Car-Bots, apart ?

10 minutes ago, Nag said:

And those Beast Wars characters make me feel physically ill.?

tumblr_lu1y8fXbSo1qjil0eo1_400.gif

29 minutes ago, Maf said:

Aren’t the decepticon plane designs literally exactly the same except recoloured?

Like original Mortal Kombat characters ?

The difference was, the Decepticon planes typically each had a visually distinct colour palette. Most of the Autobot cars (pre-The Movie) used similar designs and colours. 

15 minutes ago, Nag said:

A Lamborghini isn't the same as a Porsche @OCH.?

You know exactly the characters I'm talking about and it's not Cordon and Cliffjumper...

The mini-vehicles. Skids, Swerve, Tailgate etc etc

Oh, wow, Jonathan Hickman, writer of I think the best run in any Marvel comic since the turn of the century and outside of Bendis’ Ultimate Spider-Man, spanning a 5 year epic through Fantastic Four, Avengers/New Avengers and culminating in the staggering Secret Wars (2015) -

— Is back

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-jonathan-hickman-x-men-house-of-x-powers-of-x/

He’s been given two new X-Men series called The House of X and The Power of X. I have no idea what it will be about, but this could be big. I’ve been reading the newest Uncanny X-Men book and it’s...fine. Like the idea of Legion and X-Man fighting each other is cool but doesn’t really pan out in a meaningful way in the book. Then right as this series gets to bringing Cyclops and Wolverine back all the X-Men I like disappear into an alternate universe divided between like, 7 different new titles and why and who cares. I’m not reading them.

I don’t know if this is going to replace that series, which I don’t hate the current book, but Hickman should really be allowed complete free reign over this corner of Marvel and just get to do whatever he wants without any other X-titles getting in the way of it. 

I’m very excited about this.

house-of-x-powers-of-x-header.jpg?q=50&f

This, relating to @Maf's link, really confused me at first. Until I realised it was a homage/anniversary piece. Multiple Wolverines, Storms etc and a couple people that are Dead, Dead such as Thunderbird, Lilandra, Moira, Vulcan and Dark Phoenix. The "tree" bit in the centre could be of importance IE Phalanx, or just something to contrast against the smaller images of the Brood, Iceman and Toad.

Nimrod, baby. What will Hickman do with that character?! 

I don’t know much about Nimrod but I always thought the idea of an indestructible sentinel is a really cool idea and he’s probably my favourite X-Men bad guy 

Well except for Juggernaut 

29 minutes ago, Maf said:

Nimrod, baby. What will Hickman do with that character?! 

I don’t know much about Nimrod but I always thought the idea of an indestructible sentinel is a really cool idea and he’s probably my favourite X-Men bad guy 

1e3cbe6a21e717cb66d0cd3b606060e1.jpg

Probably one of the best fights in 80's X-Men. Rogue literally needed everyone to win.