passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Comic Book Thread

hinn888

14 minutes ago, radiofloyd said:

Wow those Beast Wars toys bring me back. I had three or four of the ones in the picture who posted. Had Beast Wars on VHS as well.

Well, on the subject.. This guy is arriving at the end of the month:

mp43-megatron-01.jpg&maxx=600&maxy=0

Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Oh, and today marks the release of Detective Comics #1000. DC’s second comic to reach a 1000 issues and officially 80 years of Batman

ab957f1d6a8385e87454d4cca6774f69.jpg?b=t

“He will become the greatest crime fighter the world has ever known. It won’t be easy” 

Look at this amazing variant cover for Action Comics #1007

002_001.jpg

I’ve already got this comic ordered but I’m honestly thinking about buying this version of it as well. That is a beautiful piece of art. 

Yeah, bought it. I have to have it 

On 30/03/2019 at 14:16, Maf said:

Having a quick skim at the contents, I'd say no. The Phalanx Covenant is a good story, but you need to read the whole thing and this collection only has a couple [out of context] parts to it. The rest? Let's just say X-Force, prior to Rick Remender's series, was never required reading. 

Gobots05_cvrA-675x1024.jpg

Go-Bots #5 (of 5)

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

This is how you end a mini-series on a high. After exploring just about every facet of Go-Bot lore, Tom Scioli incorporates one final tidbit into the mix, the real-life historical relevance of the series itself. Alongside a wry, yet welcome piece of 4th wall breaking humour in the finale too. This series couldn't have been any better and in my opinion, exceeding all expectations. 10/10

I don’t know if this is new or not but - Conan the Barbarian becomes part of the Marvel Universe?!

sav_avengers_1.jpg

The Hand has teamed up with the evil wizards of the Hyborian Age to summon a death god from a celestial hell. The only thing standing between Earth and destruction is the Savage Avengers: Conan, Wolverine, Punisher and Voodoo.

I wasn’t going to buy this but...

Fuck it sounds so stupid I think I need to know

They did this idea already...

The-Dark-Avengers.jpg

Plus WTF does Conan The Barbarian bring to the Modern Day Marvel Universe? You keep him in the Hyborian Age and bring characters to his time. Otherwise he is just Ka-Zar with a sword?

I’ll give them that Savage Avengers is a new theme at least for Avengers. X-Force is a closer analogy. But it is fucking stupid.

Stupid to the point where I might have to see it. 

Side note people are raving over Jason Aaron’s run on Conan at Marvel right now which I didn’t pick up at all because I don’t know anything about or care about Conan. But now I might need to pick up the trade. 

Conan is another thing that Disney poached from Dark Horse, like Star Wars. I don't really rate Jason Aaron as a writer but I really liked the DH series. I used to buy the occasional Conan mini series Marvel put out in the 90's too, so I might wait for a trade.

15273.jpg

This, although not part of Marvel canon, is a good place to start if you're interested in getting into Conan @Maf. An origin story that tells you everything you need to know about the character and the world he lives in.

In celebration of Transformers' 30th Anniversary, a remastered HD version of our BotCon2009 First Place winning video that was also was included in the Shout! Factory Transformers Matrix Collector's Edition DVD Set.

@Nag I'm impressed a fan made this...

So I read this last month, but rereading it now to catch up on Venom and this series is crazy. Like it holds no bars with retconning stuff but I think it makes Venom a way better character than he has ever been (At least when they try to do more with him than just a crazy Spider-Man villain).

Anyway, this is really worthy of the spoiler tag stuff but I have to post these images because this really surprised me first time I read it and on a second go I still have massive respect for it

Spoiler

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

This is one of those times where having the physical copy of the book in your hands makes it even better because you turn the page to...whoa