passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Grand Theft Auto V

Jimboxy

Apparently the Banshee custom is actually worse in performance than the standard Banshee despite it jumping a class.

Thinking about it I'm not sure why they went with the Banshee. Wouldn't the Futo or Feltzer have been a better choice in class? The Tailgater, Penumbra, Premier, Intruder and Sentinel would also be good calls for the boy racer stuff. Basically any of those shit unassuming toothless cars nobody ever chooses to drive. That's what modding is about, taking something your aunt would drive and making it unique.

I sort of hope we see a pisstake of Ken Blocks Focus. Introduce a similar car, call it the Limelight and then plaster it in that testosterone energy drink that they advertise on the radio.

"This car was made famous on the world stage by a fearless Scot, who trampled across the worlds flora and fauna in the search for the perfect stage time. Now it's famous for being driven by a prick with sleeve tattoos, veneers and a sports shoe sponsorship around carparks, inspiring youths to do the same down at your local shopping complex"

Spent a chunk 'o' change on maxing my armoured Kuruma out. Still not sold on the performance it puts out. I did a bit of a compare by driving some of my other vehicles and they all feel nicer to drive and can get from A to B faster. They can't take the bullets though, I guess that's the caveat.

I'm really going to have a sort through of my vehicles and get rid of the ones that have been replaced with superior models. The Shafter V12 can replace my standard Shafter and I can probably completely do away with half my garage down on Exceptionalists Way. Knowing my luck they'll probably add mod stuff for those vehicles so I'll end up buying them back, but I guess I'll deal with that later on, if it ever happens.

I've been trying to work out those cooldowns on the VIP stuff to maximise cash income from them. sometimes finishing a job restarts a cooldown on a job that was already good to go, I've no idea why this happens.

I'm averaging about 500k solo for the duration of a VIP session. If I get lucky with the cooldowns and not having issues it jumps to about 600k when you push selling cars and robbing stores on downtime.

If you had a full organisation on the trot all carrying out car sales and store robberies you could easily push that into 700 to 800k for your 4 hours. Maybe more, if you look at the maths.

If you sell Sentinels when you can you can fit 5 round times 4 players per VIP session. You don't get the full 17,420 for a car sold when it passes on, but I know that you get at least 15k from each one so you're looking at over 300k.

The pay per hour varies depending on cooldowns, I can't have a solid number since I sell cars when I am allowed to but I guess per hour of doing VIP stuff you're looking at getting paid...

16k+ x 3 for the 20 minutes cooldowns of Hostile Takeover - 48k+

20k+ x 5 for the 10 minute cooldown of Sightseer - 100k+

Then in between you have shop robberies that usually nets at least 1200. You can fit about 4 (or more if you coordinate or have more than a few minutes to wait) of those in by waiting for cooldowns. That's another 5k or there abouts per hour. You're looking at about 150k per hour just off jobs and robbing. That's 600k at the end of it all before you add in car sales. A decent night session could net an organization's leader close to a mil.

For bodyguards you're looking at...

16k+ x 3 for the 20 minutes cooldowns of Hostile Takeover - 48k+

20k+ x 5 for the 10 minute cooldown of Sightseer - 100k+

+ 20K wages

+ XP bonuses

Comes out at about 670k+ for a full session. Obviously not as good, but it's on par with heist payouts unless you've got a team that can breeze through them with no failures.

Oh yeah. I also bought and Insurgent today. It's surprisingly nice considering how big it is.

Double money on VIP stuff. I'm going to try and smash it as much as possible and make hay while the sun shines. almost certainly going to buy a few cars as well, the Verlierer and Shafter V12 will be added to the garage along with the Valentine's day special vehicle that will go up for sale next weekend.

• 6 months later...

http://www.pcgamer.com/lindsay-lohans-gta-5-lawsuit-has-been-tossed-out-of-court/

Lindsay Lohan sued Take-Two Interactive in 2014, claiming that it had used her likeness in Grand Theft Auto 5, and its promotional materials, without her permission. Lohan alleged the character Lacey Jonas was based on her, and then later said the woman in the red bikini was also her, although the Daily Dot had previously confirmed that someone else served as the model for that character.

Karen Gravano of Mob Wives tragi-fame filed a similar suit that same year, saying that the character of Andrea Bottino was based on her life and likeness. Both cases have now been tossed out of court.

The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York ruled that the lawsuits “must fail because defendants did not use [plaintiffs'] name, portrait, or picture” in the game. “As to Lohan's claim that an avatar in the videogame is she and that her image is used in various images, defendants also never referred to Lohan by name or used her actual name in the videogame, never used Lohan herself as an actor for the videogame, and never used a photograph of Lohan,” the ruling says.   

“Even if we accept plaintiffs' contentions that the videogame depictions are close enough to be considered representations of the respective plaintiffs, plaintiffs' claims should be dismissed because this videogame does not fall under the statutory definitions of 'advertising' or 'trade',” it continues. “This videogame's unique story, characters, dialogue, and environment, combined with the player's ability to choose how to proceed in the game, render it a work of fiction and satire,” which confers upon it First Amendment protections.

Finally, Lohan's claim that her image was used to promote the game was tossed because the pictures of the woman in the red bikini “are not of Lohan herself, but merely the avatar in the game that Lohan claims is a depiction of her.” And since that claim was dismissed, there was no foundation remaining for this one.

No surprise to anyone, I expect.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Started playing this again on PC. Looks absolutely smashing with everything on ultra, but that's not why I'm here.

I'm here to talk about the Online part. The boarding part of it is insane, I don't think they've through it through at all. 

Originally you would get jobs from Gerald and SImeon and gradually work your way up the jobs, and then over time jobs would repeats and gradually get more complicated.

Now when I played back on PS4 these were pretty tough solo, but doable. Now? Get to fuck. I don't know what happened along the way, but the accuracy of the gunfire from enemies is laser accurate, not so much while on foot, but shooting from vehicles or into vehicles is so precise you die in second.

There's one Gerald mission that was in vanilla and you have to go out into the sticks and steal and RV from some Meth heads. Was fine until I got behind the wheel and then got pummelled so quickly each time I started to drive. Barely any shots missed, it was quite frankly ridiculous.

It's same for all these older missions, as soon as you get close to the objective or drive away in an objective vehicle, you lose health so quickly no matter which side of the vehicle you're being shot from. It's beyond stupid.

The other stupid thing is it's giving mission that aren't really suitable for a beginner. I had one where I went to a warehouse to blow up cars, but ran out of ammo so had to leave the game. I had another where it was asking me to go to an impound to steal a few cars from the cops and that was stupid as well, the cops are already pretty accurate with the shooting and again getting in the car was a death sentence.

Another one you are tasked with stealing cars A and B and delivering to the docks. Which is fine, but then it asks you to go and steal cars A and B again and we're into the same loop of going to an area, shooting the defenders and taking the car out, but now you're doing it whilst being shot at persistently. Oh, and there's a time limit.

There's actually a mission like this for Simeon in the vanilla game but it's quite far in so you are equipped to deal with it, can be a bit tight solo but it's doable. Fuck knows if these will ever be doable solo.

It is really nice they added more contact missions though, I fucked the game off after everything started going to public lobbies only. I'm not about this life, let me have fun with friends and to hell with the randoms.