passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Last of Us

DANGERMAN

Just finished this, very enjoyable experience. I did cry a little quite early on, which was embarrassing :)

Great game, agree with the frame rate issues although I did not actually notice it too much at the time.

There was one moment though where I was floating in a brown space and it took about 20-30 secs to fill in scenery!

• 4 weeks later...
Following a leak this morning, Naughty Dog has confirmed it will release The Last of Us single-player expansion ‘Left Behind’ on PlayStation Network on February 14 for $14.99.

Find the add-on’s official description below.

Ellie returns as new light is shed on her relationship with Riley, her best friend from the military boarding school they both grew up in. After inexplicably disappearing for weeks, Riley reemerges in Ellie’s life with a surprising revelation. The two sneak out of their school for the last time, leading to a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Naughty Dog continues to explore the themes of survival, loyalty, and love in their first ever single player DLC with
The Last of Us: Left Behind

Read more here.

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/last-us-left-behind-dlc-confirmed-february-14

• 2 months later...

An "enhanced" version of The Last of Us will be released this summer on PlayStation 4 according the SCE Turkey Vice President.

The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, according to PlayStation Turkey vice president Sercan Sulun.

Asked by CNN Turk if we’d see a sequel to the hit Naughty Dog game anytime soon, Sulun replied (translation via), “No, a sequel is not coming right now as far as I know. But I can say that first game will be released this summer for PlayStation 4 as a physical and digital copy, with enhanced graphics.”

The February-launched ‘Left Behind’ add-on will be included, Sulun added.

The Last of Us first launched for PlayStation 3 last June.

I remember Naughty Dog saying it wouldn't happen, but that's pretty definitive

If it does happen I'd wager that it isn't Naughty Dog doing the port. I'd say the Uncharted Vita peeps or GoW collection folks.

I'd maybe buy it again for PS4, but if you could carry saves over I'd be happier about it. I wouldn't like to unlock all the NG+ stuff again as I've already gone through it a couple of times (a good 30% into a third).

I remember Naughty Dog saying it wouldn't happen, but that's pretty definitive

If it does happen I'd wager that it isn't Naughty Dog doing the port. I'd say the Uncharted Vita peeps or GoW collection folks.

Sony's Bend Studio has been working on a unannounced PlayStation 4 project for a while now. They have also worked on past Naughty Dog IP for PSP (Resistance Retribution) and PS Vita (Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Uncharted: Fight for Fortune), so their PS4 project might be the enhanced version of The Last of Us.

Bluepoint the studio that did the God of War Collection is working on the delayed Xbox 360 version of TitanFall, so I think they have a full plate right now.

• 4 months later...

If it turns out true i'll buy it, this was one game I was sad to miss out on last gen.

Look at that, true to the mans word.

Epic opening. Ive noticed a couple of things that have less than impressed me with this overhaul though. Firstly, there's a section quite near the beginning where you have to get a plank for Jess so you can both cross a gap in the floor. I got stuck on there, i could neither go forward nor backward, instead i just juddered around. The only way I could move was by pressing the attack button and forcing myself back toward the closest end of the plank, I'd move about a frame every 5 seconds, then after about 2 minutes I could walk again. Those times were measured by Accurist

Another thing was Tess hiding in a shipping crate and her arm clearly visable through the other side of it.

Otherwise Ive really enjoyed the hour or two I've played so far.

HEY! maybe ive not had dangerous life experiences like you two that dullen your senses. Stuff like getting your shit pushed in aged five or digging through scrap metal everyday with your bare hands/face.