passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fez II

radiofloyd

Speaking with Polygon, when asked which platforms the indie sequel would be released on he replied: “not Xbox.”

Fish has spoken previously about the difficulties and expense in patching Fez on XBL Arcade, stating that had the game been released on PC, the game would have “been fixed two weeks after release, at no cost to us.”

The inability to self-publish on Microsoft consoles is also a problem for Polytron, he said.

“With Microsoft they’ve made it painfully clear they don’t want my ilk on their platform,” he said. “I can’t even self-publish there. Whereas on PS4, I can. It’s that simple. Microsoft won’t let me develop for their console. But Sony will.”

As far as creating a sequel as opposed to something new entire, this is what Fish had to say on going with Fez 2.

“It is an entirely new game. FEZ 2 is to FEZ 1 what Zelda 2 was to Zelda 1, but more different,” he said. “The biggest reason is that I just wanted to go back to that world. I want to expand on my little world and its mythology. It’s not a case of wanting to recycle ideas we didn’t get to put in FEZ 1.

“Since the games are going to be so different, there’s not a whole lot that could just carry over.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/fez-2-polytron-has-no-plans-to-release-it-on-microsoft-consoles/

The last part is the most interesting...

It is an entirely new game. FEZ 2 is to FEZ 1 what Zelda 2 was to Zelda 1, but more different,” he said. “The biggest reason is that I just wanted to go back to that world. I want to expand on my little world and its mythology. It’s not a case of wanting to recycle ideas we didn’t get to put in FEZ 1.

“Since the games are going to be so different, there’s not a whole lot that could just carry over.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/20/fez-2-polytron-has-no-plans-to-release-it-on-microsoft-consoles/

The last part is the most interesting...

So what he is saying is that Fez is awesome, but Fez 2 will suck

All the cool kids on the street and in the know like Zelda 2.

Apart from Miyamoto, who considers it disappointing. http://kotaku.com/shigeru-miyamotos-bad-game-514017583

I've only tried it briefly on that retrospective that came to Gamecube, and it did feel a bit old and clunky. I cant really comment more than that.

On Fez 2: it seems like a lot of what made Fez remarkable was the realization that there was this whole extra depth with the codes and stuff. I don't know that they could have the same impact with a sequel, but the would does seem cool.

Zelda 2 is great. Anyone who says otherwise should Ess Tee Eff Yu because they don't know what they're talking about. All the cool kids on the street and in the know like Zelda 2.

:awe: I lol'd ... Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link a good game .... I lol'd again

You should do stand-up D Class!!

• 1 month later...

I've lost track of this story but I think it goes something like:

Jonathan Blow and Phil Fish complained about the press contacting them for comment on every single xbox one story and anything involving indie games. Welsh bellend Marcus Beer took this as them thinking they were up their own arses and posted a video filled with personal insults (I've not watched the video).

From there it goes a bit hazy but somehow this turned in to a big enough deal that Fish cancelled Fez 2 and left the industry. But I also heard that Fish is taking the piss and despite telling people as much the media have reported it as fact.

So yeah, who knows what's going on

yeah I ended up watching it last night. I've no love for Phil Fish, I've not played Fez, but if he doesn't want to talk to the press I don't see how he owes them? You give a game coverage because you need content and traffic, that's the trade. Beer's shtick of being personally insulted and trying to out-offensive everyone is just that prick you'd hate on a forum, he's what neogaf used to be.

It's so fake too; "I hope the makers of this game have children, and those children fall over in to dog shit and it gets in to their eye and then they go blind. My final score 6 out of 10 :) " it reminds me of that episode of Black Mirror with the talent show

I think this is a shame. I would really liked to have seen Fez 2.

I don't know what happened exactly. I've been trying to catch up to see what the crack is but it all seems like an overreaction. That Beer guy said some fairly typical Arsehole Gamer stuff (though I liked the BlowFish thing... that was good) which I'm surprised wound Fish up so much. I went to check his Twitter to see what his deal really is as I don't really trust the reporting but he has locked his Twitter profile now so I don't know what happened.

But the thing with Fish is he just doesn't have the right kind of personality to be in the limelight, especially in this age of social media.

Though I do follow Jon Blow and I've seen his complaints about game journalism a few times. It seems that it's not because he gets asked things, more he gets asked about dumb things and he thinks journalism should be asking different questions, or asking different people.

I dont know much abou tthis marcus beer guy, but i dont think he did anything wrong, hes allowed an opinion and 'blowfish' do come across very up-their-own-arse. I wouldve loved a fez 2 im sure, Fez was my GOTY, but phil fish gets no sympathy from me spitting his dummy out like that.

maybe theyre all just twats

The quotes that Beer mentioned were wrong - they didn't get all whiney about being pestered for quotes about the Xbox One, they were pissed off about being bothered for quotes for a story that was just rumours and that the journalists were looking for negative quotes from them.